Super Duper computer sale in Colinsville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Duper computer sale in Colinsville

Anybody ever been to one of those computer / electronics liquidation "sales" like the one at Gateway Center this weekend?

Never been, not going, just curious.

Do they have a cover charge to get in the joint?

Yes, they have a cover charge. Not sure of the quality of the puters, but we bought a couple of video games a few years ago and they turned out to be junk.

Comment

I've never actually been to one, but I think the general consensus is that they suck big donkey balls.
      To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Comment

not worth it.

cover charge + crappy components at mediocre prices = poor deal.

If you're looking for specific older hardware, it might be worth a shot, but otherwise it's a waste of time.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I have been once -

If you are looking for cheap software for outdated programs - you can get it.

Some decent deals on some computer components but you can do almost as well at the store with a real warranty.

I was surpised that Gateway was there selling computers -

My sister is going - she got my kids some nice preschool software lastyear and will probably get some more. She goes with a geek who is top notch so they must have some value. If you guys need anything let me know and I will ask her to see if they have it before you go.
          Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
          God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

I went once last fall out of curiosity.

Its mostly junk.

Wasted my admissions fee.

han solo

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Aug 26 2005, 04:18 PM
              not worth it.

cover charge + crappy components at mediocre prices = poor deal.

If you're looking for specific older hardware, it might be worth a shot, but otherwise it's a waste of time.
              ++ you're better off going to the Comp USA sale tomorrow

Comment

What CompUSA sale?

I have been to the one in Collinsville twice. My brother in law bought a barebones system and was quite happy with it until it reached that magic point of no longer being powerful enough.

Overall, I think its a waste of the cover charge.
                When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Aug 27 2005, 09:59 AM
                  What CompUSA sale?

I have been to the one in Collinsville twice. My brother in law bought a barebones system and was quite happy with it until it reached that magic point of no longer being powerful enough.

Overall, I think its a waste of the cover charge.
                  It was like 7% over cost....

Comment

If it's anything like the one in Wentzville at the old Belz Mall - don't waste your time. A bunch of low-lifes trying to unload their crap on unsuspecting consumers.

Comment

Working...
                    X