Back to Aruba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Aruba

Nancy Grace will have a field day with this.

For the sake of Natalle's parents and the Aruban people I hope they resolve this soon.

Kalpoes held on suspicion of rape and murder in Holloway case
    Updated: 3:16 p.m. ET Aug. 26, 2005
    ORANJESTAD, Aruba - Two Surinamese brothers who had been detained and released in the Natalee Holloway case were arrested again Friday based on new evidence, officials said.

Satish Kalpoe and Deepak Kalpoe were arrested after authorities uncovered "new facts and circumstances" in the investigation of Holloway's disappearance, the prosecutor's office said in a statement.

The brothers were detained on suspicion of involvement, with unidentified "other people," in premeditated rape and murder.

Satish Kalpoe, 18, and Deepak Kalpoe, 21, were released from jail in July after a judge ruled there was not enough evidence to hold them in the disappearance of the 18-year-old American, who vanished in May on the final night of a high school graduation trip to the Dutch Caribbean island.

Holloway family pleased
    Holloway's family said they were pleased about the arrests, which they learned about from the FBI.

"We haven't been told why but I think it's obvious," Natalee's stepmother, Robin Holloway, said by phone from Meridian, Miss. "We've known all along they had something to do with Natalee's disappearance."
    Pedro Famous Diaz / AP
    Brothers Deepak Kalpoe and Satish Kalpoe, on their way to court on Aug. 26, were arrested again Friday in connection with the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

Earlier, a lawyer for Satish Kalpoe said authorities had not disclosed why the brothers had been arrested again. "They haven't shown us any evidence," Elgin Zeppenveldt told reporters outside a court where they were to appear before a judge.

Brothers first arrested in June
    The brothers were first arrested on June 9 along with Joran van der Sloot, 18, who authorities have identified as a suspect in the case, though no charges have been filed.

Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Ala., was last seen leaving a bar with the Kalpoe brothers and van der Sloot in the early hours of May 30. Extensive searches of the island have produced no sign of the teen.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

The plural of Kalpoe is Kalpies.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Aug 26 2005, 03:56 PM
      The plural of Kalpoe is Kalpies.
      Official Lounge Sponsor:
      The New Orleans Saints, Blue Moon Belgian Ale, Peter Gammons, and Cardinals GM John Mozeliak

Comment

I've heard on the radio there is new evidence today. That should be interesting on the news tonight.

Comment

What a media circus...between this and whatever Scarborough is trying to get to the bottom of, I'd just assume not watch cable news for awhile...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

maybe its just me, but i wouldn't be pleased until after a sentence or once my child was found.

Comment

Originally posted by MsFunkay@Aug 26 2005, 05:41 PM
              maybe its just me, but i wouldn't be pleased until after a sentence or once my child was found.

Its not just you, believe me. I wouldnt be pleased until other things were done to him....

Comment

Originally posted by #1 Jimmy fan+Aug 26 2005, 08:43 PM-->
                QUOTE(#1 Jimmy fan @ Aug 26 2005, 08:43 PM)

In other news....it is being reported tonight that Generalissimo Francisco Franco of Spain is dying.

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                  Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by DaLode@Aug 27 2005, 08:08 AM
                    In other news....it is being reported tonight that Generalissimo Francisco Franco of Spain is dying.
                    Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.
                    His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                    Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Working...
                    X