Free game time text messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free game time text messages

Sure, I could subscribe to the Cardinals text message service, but that's awfully ghey. Is there a free service available anywhere where I can get in-game text messages?

For football, too?

Hockey?

Anyone?

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

mobile.yahoo.com.

Completely free for baseball and football. I'm not sure about hockey, but it wouldn't suprise me if it's there.

For baseball, Yahoo will text message you at the start of the game, and at the end of the 3rd, 6th, and 9th innings, plus a final message if it goes into extra innings.

The football messaging is more configurable. I've got mine set to message me after each change in score, but you can also choose to be notified with the score after each period.

-RBB

Comment

Originally posted by RedBirdBrain@Aug 26 2005, 02:01 PM
      mobile.yahoo.com.

Completely free for baseball and football. I'm not sure about hockey, but it wouldn't suprise me if it's there.

For baseball, Yahoo will text message you at the start of the game, and at the end of the 3rd, 6th, and 9th innings, plus a final message if it goes into extra innings.

The football messaging is more configurable. I've got mine set to message me after each change in score, but you can also choose to be notified with the score after each period.

-RBB
      Awesome.

Hey steve, how about you text me a beer tonight, bitch?
      Are you on the list?

Comment

Just checked - hockey's on there too. Set myself up to get text messages at game start, after every goal, and at game end.

-RBB

Comment

Originally posted by RedBirdBrain@Aug 26 2005, 03:01 PM
          mobile.yahoo.com.

-RBB
          Aw, hell.

US Cellular isn't supported. :(

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

not sure if this will help because its not text messaging but if you have the chance to make a call, 1-800-555-TELL is great. It's voice operated and provides much more than just sports (news, movie times, directions, etc).

I use it all the time when I'm out of town and want to keep tabs on the Cards game. Call it then: "Sports"... "Baseball"... "St. Louis" and you'll get the Cards score. Then after the game they'll have a recap available.
            Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
            Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
            There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
            "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
            "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

It's all good for awhile, until you realize you're watching 95% of the damn games anyway and you keep having to erase needless messages from your phone.

Comment

Working...
              X