Nashville/Atlanta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nashville/Atlanta?

I'm going to be in Nashville tonight and Atlanta tomorrow, I've only driven thru/sat in airports in those cities so I have no clue what to expect or really what goes on. Anyone recommend anything in particular?

In Nashville I'll be looking for a decent restaurant/bar/club to go to tonight...

In Atlanta I'll be looking for something to do during the day, because I'm going to a 311 show at night, then headed back to Nashville shortly after its over.

If anyone has any suggestions...
    You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

go to the coca cola museum in ATL. and stay out of the traffic.

there's a restaurant place and gift shop at Mont Eagle TN we used to stop at. I stopped there a couple years ago for lunch. It's buffet. And it was still one of the slowest meals I have ever had. Nothing moves fast in that area. If you don't like sweet tea then don't order tea.
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Sweeeeeeeet Teeeeaa
      Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
      "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Blues@Aug 26 2005, 09:56 AM
        Sweeeeeeeet Teeeeaa
        You got your bags packed? I'll pick you up on the way down.
        You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

When in Nashville, you gotta go to the Beer Sellar. They've got a ridiculous happy hour.

It's really easy to find. Look for these signs (address included on bottom sign):

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

There's also that one bar that had $1 domestics until 11, then $1 Canadiens 'til close. Obviously I forget the name...

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Aug 26 2005, 11:13 AM
              When in Nashville, you gotta go to the Beer Sellar. They've got a ridiculous happy hour.

It's really easy to find. Look for these signs (address included on bottom sign):

It's easy as hell to find. I wasn't even looking and I managed to find it.
              If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Also - remember - downtown Atlanta sucks, although they did just pass a law that prohibits panhandling. Check out the Wild Wing Cafe - best wings I can remember. If you are feeling like BBQ, there is a little shack off I-75 in McDounough. Can't remember the name, but the fried pickles are awesome. Only downside - it's about 30 or 40 miles from Atlanta.
                If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

I've been to Atlanta twice, each time for under 5 hours for a business meeting.

All I can tell you about the city is that it's very fucking hot in the summer there.

Comment

we used to go to Stone Mountain too. That's pretty neat.

Comment

In Atlanta I'll be looking for something to do during the day, because I'm going to a 311 show at night, then headed back to Nashville shortly after its over.

I think my ex-wife is still turning tricks in Buckhead, mention my name, she'll charge you double and do half as much...
                      I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

head to anywhere in Buckhead at Atlanta. Downtown sucks royal ass

Nashville, can't go wrong anywhere downtown. Beer Sellar is great. The BlueBrained famous picture was made at Graham Central Station on 2nd St. There is a dance club, karoke and sinple bar area with games all in one there. Hotties all around. To watch any sports games, go to Bailey's on Broadway.
                        Sponsor of:
                        Brian Elliott
                        Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                        5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

In Atlanta, the Coca-Cola factory is really cool. There's also a place there called the Underground (I think) that's nearby the Coke factory that has a lot of cool restaurants and bars. Go there during the daytime and hit Buckhead at night and you'll be set. There's a cool Blues bar in Buckhead when I was there a few years ago that had these plastic curtains over the doors like you see in grocery stores. Don't know the name - we only went in because we heard really good music coming from the inside.
                          Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                          Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                          Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                          Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                          NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                          LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

Originally posted by Lois Lane@Aug 26 2005, 11:42 AM
                            In Atlanta, the Coca-Cola factory is really cool. There's also a place there called the Underground (I think) that's nearby the Coke factory that has a lot of cool restaurants and bars. Go there during the daytime and hit Buckhead at night and you'll be set. There's a cool Blues bar in Buckhead when I was there a few years ago that had these plastic curtains over the doors like you see in grocery stores. Don't know the name - we only went in because we heard really good music coming from the inside.

Watch out for knife carrying pro football players...
                            I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

be sure to taste all the sodas from around the world...at the coke museum. it's fun. don't leave for florida right after that unless you like to see all the gas stations from there to there.

Comment

Working...
                              X