• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellmuth's Poker Camp

Cool Article if you like poker

ESPN Story
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

I learn all sorts of neat things, such as the most "honest" parts of our body (in order) are: the feet, legs, torso, arms, hands, mouth, eyes, and finally, the face. In short, the lower part of your body is more likely to give away your intentions than the upper body. This has something to do with limbic system of your brain, as opposed to the neo-cortex part. At least, that's what I wrote down.

So, what are you supposed to do when you are at the table, look under the table when a guy makes a bet?

Comment

Excellent, thx for posting that.
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

What's the logic behind liking pocket 7s so much, btw?
        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I fold a lot. Because I fold a lot, when I finally come out with a bet on a pair of 8s, everyone else folds.
          The exact reason why you should on occasion play a shitty hand cheaply if you can...that way people won't bail when you actually have somehting.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Aug 26 2005, 11:24 AM
            What's the logic behind liking pocket 7s so much, btw?
            I know a lot of people that like pocket 7s...no idea why, I don't recall ever winning a big hand with them.

Comment

Originally posted by 210+Aug 26 2005, 09:38 AM-->
              QUOTE(210 @ Aug 26 2005, 09:38 AM)

Originally posted by Neutered Cat+Aug 26 2005, 11:42 AM-->
              QUOTE(Neutered Cat @ Aug 26 2005, 11:42 AM)
              Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2005, 09:38 AM

He did say that was the #10 on his Top 10 list of favorite hands to play. He didn't explain why, but I would like to see what the rest of the list is. I mean the Top 5 are probably obvious, but 6-9 might be interesting.
              Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Aug 26 2005, 10:49 AM
                He did say that was the #10 on his Top 10 list of favorite hands to play. He didn't explain why, but I would like to see what the rest of the list is. I mean the Top 5 are probably obvious, but 6-9 might be interesting.
                You mean it isn't?

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated+Aug 26 2005, 11:10 AM-->
                  QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Aug 26 2005, 11:10 AM)

Poker stories are like Mob stories......It's hard to tell a bad one.
                  "You're my wife Margene, you can't be seeing the girl I'm dating." - Big Love

Comment

Originally posted by Neutered Cat@Aug 26 2005, 09:05 AM
                    I learn all sorts of neat things, such as the most "honest" parts of our body (in order) are: the feet, legs, torso, arms, hands, mouth, eyes, and finally, the face. In short, the lower part of your body is more likely to give away your intentions than the upper body. This has something to do with limbic system of your brain, as opposed to the neo-cortex part. At least, that's what I wrote down.

So, what are you supposed to do when you are at the table, look under the table when a guy makes a bet?
                    No, just when a lady bet.

Be advised she may express concern when you do, though. Tell her you are just looking to see if she has anything good.
                    "I am for truth no matter who says it. I am for justice no matter who it is for or against."...Malcom X

Comment

Working...
                    X