Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With NFL season upon us...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • With NFL season upon us...

    I've got a pot simmering on the stove right now.

    INGREDIENTS:
    2 pounds ground beef
    2 onions, chopped
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    2 tablespoons chili powder
    2 teaspoons salt
    2 teaspoons dried oregano
    4 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
    1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
    1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
    DIRECTIONS:
    Combine ground beef, onion, and garlic in large stockpot. Cook and stir over medium heat until beef is brown. Drain.
    Stir in chili powder, salt, oregano, tomatoes, and tomato sauce; break up tomatoes while stirring. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to simmer, and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
    Stir in beans. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes; stir occasionally.

    Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

    * Payment processing. It will be official soon.


  • #2
    I prefer turkey chili.

    My favorite football watching dish is cajun gumbo.
    Make America Great For Once.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by The Kev@Aug 25 2005, 09:05 PM
      I prefer turkey chili.

      My favorite football watching dish is cajun gumbo.
      Kev,

      I'm coming over.


      Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

      * Payment processing. It will be official soon.

      Comment


      • #4
        West Texas Hoter Than Hell Chili

        3 lbs of lean ground beef, brown and drain.

        Cover meat with a layer of minced onion and garlic salt. Add as much red pepper as you want, the more you use the hotter it will be.

        Add 2 large cans of tomato sauce, a large can of diced tomatoes, and two cans of rotel tomatoes with green chillies.

        Add 2-3 tablespoons of chili power and bring to a boil. Every 15 minutes stir chili and add 1 tablespoon of chili powder. If you want the chili hot, add a shot of tobasco every 15 minutes too. Simmer chili for 1 1/2 hours.

        Approximately 30 minutes before the chili is done, add 2 cans of kidney beans (drained).

        This can also be served over pasta like at Steak N Shake, and it's great over hot dogs.

        Comment


        • #5
          Chili recipe:

          One can opener

          One can of Chili Man chili

          Use can opener to open can of Chili Man

          Pour contents into pot

          Heat until ready

          Enjoy
          RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
          You'll never be forgotten.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JWB@Aug 25 2005, 09:39 PM
            Chili recipe:

            One can opener

            One can of Chili Man chili

            Use can opener to open can of Chili Man

            Pour contents into pot

            Heat until ready

            Enjoy
            That's almost as good as Wendy's recipe:

            Drive to Wendy's. Order a cup, bowl, whatever.

            Drive home. Eat

            Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

            * Payment processing. It will be official soon.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JWB@Aug 25 2005, 09:39 PM
              Chili recipe:

              One can opener

              One can of Chili Man chili

              Use can opener to open can of Chili Man

              Pour contents into pot

              Heat until ready

              Enjoy
              Hey! You stole my family recipe!
              The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

              Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

              Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

              Comment


              • #8
                I always use cumin and cinnamon because I like skyline type chili.

                I also put the beans on the side because I don't eat beans. It's sort of a signature.
                Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by gibsongirl+Aug 25 2005, 09:41 PM-->
                  QUOTE(gibsongirl @ Aug 25 2005, 09:41 PM)

                • #10
                  I had this one Tuesday night.

                  Drive to Steak N Shake.
                  Go in and sit down.
                  Order single with cheese platter. When they ask you which 2 sides you want, throw this at them:

                  "I'd like 2 cups of chili please."

                  Watch gears in girl's head turn for a little bit. Then say:

                  "Can I just get those 2 cups in your big bowl?"

                  Look for relief to sweep over her face. She'll say "Yes."

                  When chili arrives, dump lots of that pepper sauce in the chili. Then add finely crushed crackers on top.

                  Stir and eat.

                  Serves 1 because I don't share with my wife. If she wants chili, she can order some for herself. I mean, c'mon. I get Steak N Shake chili once a month at best. Don't bogart my eats.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by Damon@Aug 25 2005, 10:28 PM
                    I had this one Tuesday night.

                    Drive to Steak N Shake.
                    Go in and sit down.
                    Order single with cheese platter. When they ask you which 2 sides you want, throw this at them:

                    "I'd like 2 cups of chili please."

                    Watch gears in girl's head turn for a little bit. Then say:

                    "Can I just get those 2 cups in your big bowl?"

                    Look for relief to sweep over her face. She'll say "Yes."

                    When chili arrives, dump lots of that pepper sauce in the chili. Then add finely crushed crackers on top.

                    Stir and eat.

                    Serves 1 because I don't share with my wife. If she wants chili, she can order some for herself. I mean, c'mon. I get Steak N Shake chili once a month at best. Don't bogart my eats.
                    ++

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Stagg chili rules.

                      It's got shredded beef and its spicy. The other thing is that it has fairly low grease content, as noted when you rinse the can out in the sink.
                      LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        two of my secrets

                        1) use lean ground beef and DON'T drain
                        2) one can of Rotel
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Rotel is a major component of good chili.
                          Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Aug 26 2005, 11:50 AM
                            Rotel is a major component of good chili.
                            You know they make "extra hot" Rotel now

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X