iPod/similar device users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod/similar device users

My wife has been hinting that she wants an iPod for awhile, and with the anniversary coming up in a week and a half, thought it'd be a good time to get one for her. So - any recommendations from those of you who have one or something similar? I know iPods are all the rage, but did the fix some of the issues they had (battery life, for example)? Are there different versions, and if so, one I should look for over others? Are there other brand devices that are better?

I'm concerned more about ease of use and size over price, to a certain extent (boy - coudln't say that before working the last couple months).
    Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Originally posted by ChiTownBluesFan@Aug 25 2005, 05:16 AM
    My wife has been hinting that she wants an iPod for awhile, and with the anniversary coming up in a week and a half, thought it'd be a good time to get one for her. So - any recommendations from those of you who have one or something similar? I know iPods are all the rage, but did the fix some of the issues they had (battery life, for example)? Are there different versions, and if so, one I should look for over others? Are there other brand devices that are better?

I'm concerned more about ease of use and size over price, to a certain extent (boy - coudln't say that before working the last couple months).
    The Apple iPod is the way to go. There are several versions. Mainly iPod, iPod Mini, and iPod shuffle.

It depends on how she would use her iPod. They have an iPod photo which has 40 GB storage. That's over 15,000 songs. Plus it's go a color screen. You can get an iPod mini, a little smaller, not as much storage, but plenty. It also comes in some cool colors. You can get her a pink one if she prefers. They also have an iPod Shuffle. This is the size of a stick of gum, but obviously thicker. It doesn't have a display and only holds 512 MB to 1 GB (120 to 240 songs). I just purchased one of these for myself. These are great for use when working out, running, anytime your on the go and want to listen to music without carrying the larger iPods.

Go to http://www.apple.com/store You can get all the information you want.

The iPod is by far the simplist player to use, and they have worked out the battery problem.

Good luck.

Comment

i like my dell DJ20, but i am odd

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

If she is going to be using it for intensive exercise, i.e. running then I would get the Shuffle for her. The Mini and the regular iPod have moving parts and will freeze.

If she is going to use it for lower stress exercise--walking, minor weight lifting then the Mini is great.

If she really has a lot of music that she likes and is just going to be using it at the office or traveling or sitting around at home then the 20 Gig iPod is perfect. Only if she is a music freak would she need more than 20 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownBluesFan@Aug 25 2005, 06:16 AM

I have the 20GB iPod and love it. Couldn't live without it. I use it on roadtrips. I had some battery issues, but with the car charger, it's no big deal.
          The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

I rock the hizzle with this:

Official sponsor of indifference towards basketball...hockey has grown on me.
            Official sponsor of Buster Posey...'nuff said.
            Official sponsor of James Laurinaitis
            "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live - too rare to die."

Comment

More jibba-jabba.

Moon

Comment

I have a 60GB iPod Photo - it rules...battery life is over 12 hours, it will hold my entire CD collection (once I get around to ripping all of it)...

Get the iPod.
                OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

I have the 40G Ipod and bought my wife the Shuffle.

Both fit a different usage pattern. I use mine all the time. She just uses hers at the pool and excercising. They are great. No battery problems but I did buy the extended warranty due to all the reported issues with that.

One problem I ran into was setting up both to synch with one PC. After a few hours of messing with it I just installed the Shuffle to synch with my laptop and then moved a sub-selection of tunes there from my desktop since the Shuffle only holds about 120 tunes anyway.
                  Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Love my iPod.

Work out with it. Use it in my car. Take it into my office at work.

Basically, listen to it 6-8 hours a day.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                    -Barry Goldwater

Comment

I'm enamoured with this thing:

eBay link

For the same price as an iPod Shuffle, you get the same space (1 GB), plus it's a REMOVABLE SD card, so you can keep your music on one card and your wife's on another.

Like the shuffle, there's no moving parts, so you don't need to worry about using it while jogging.

It's small and cute like the Shuffle - 1.7" square by roughly ½ inch thick. Plus, it actually has a display screen, and you can pick the song you want to play, unlike the Shuffle.

It also has an FM radio tuner with 20 presets, and you can record the radio channel to your SD card.

Finally, it doubles as a digital voice recorder.

The only problem - it's not available in the States yet, so you'd have to buy a Japanese-spec model and deal with a Japonese owner's manual. It does, though, have an English display. I've not heard when the US spec version will be available.

-RBB

Comment

Working...
                      X