X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cindy Sheehan Returns!

This woman is quickly becoming my hero.
    ------------------------------------------------

"I'm coming back to Crawford for my son. As long as the president, who sent him to die in a senseless war, is in Crawford, that is where I belong. I came here two and a half weeks ago for one reason, to try and see the president and get an answer to a very simple question: What is the noble cause that he says my son died for?"

George Bush in Idaho on Tuesday:
    "I think those who advocate immediate withdrawal from not only Iraq but the Middle East are advocating a policy that would weaken the United States."

Cindy's reply:
    "This is the biggest smokescreen from him yet. I didn't ask him to withdraw the troops; I asked him, what 'noble cause' Casey died for. I am still waiting for one of the press corps to ask him that. I am still waiting for that answer.
    First, we were told WMDs -- false. Then we were told Saddam=Osama -- false. Then we were told Saddam was a bad man to his own people and we had to get rid of him -- he's gone. Then we were told the Iraqi people had to have elections -- they did. Now we are spreading 'freedom and democracy' but we are building 14 permanent bases, some the size of Sacramento, California. To me that indicates that we are spreading the cancer of imperialism and usurping THEIR natural resources."

More here
    *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

I'll be sure to check out her press conference tomorrow to announce she's back...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by *007*@Aug 24 2005, 11:27 PM
      I'll be sure to check out her press conference tomorrow to announce she's back...
      Instead of belittling her you might take a look at what she says and ask if those are reasonable questions.

Seem pretty reasonable to me.

And I'm thinking she has earned the right to ask her president these questions since she paid for the privelege with the life of her son.

That's democracy 007. It's the right to question authority. It ain't always pretty but it's important enough that George thinks we ought to let American boys and girls die in Iraq to establish it over there.
      Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Originally posted by hkyfan+Aug 25 2005, 07:56 AM-->
        QUOTE(hkyfan @ Aug 25 2005, 07:56 AM)

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man@Aug 25 2005, 07:00 AM

Moon
          Are you saying she's Filipino? I hear Tagalog is quite difficult to master.

Comment

Originally posted by *007*@Aug 24 2005, 11:27 PM
            Hey, can we get a :Rove: icon?

Perfect for "attack the messenger" type posts, eh?

Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

the first Rove pic that shows up on google:

No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
              President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
              President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

I opened this thread by mistake after misreading the title.

I thought it was about Cindy Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by dhaab@Aug 24 2005, 11:22 PM
                    This woman is quickly becoming my hero.
                    ------------------------------------------------

"I'm coming back to Crawford for my son. As long as the president, who sent him to die in a senseless war, is in Crawford, that is where I belong. I came here two and a half weeks ago for one reason, to try and see the president and get an answer to a very simple question: What is the noble cause that he says my son died for?"

George Bush in Idaho on Tuesday:
                    "I think those who advocate immediate withdrawal from not only Iraq but the Middle East are advocating a policy that would weaken the United States."

Cindy's reply:
                    "This is the biggest smokescreen from him yet. I didn't ask him to withdraw the troops; I asked him, what 'noble cause' Casey died for. I am still waiting for one of the press corps to ask him that. I am still waiting for that answer.
                    First, we were told WMDs -- false. Then we were told Saddam=Osama -- false. Then we were told Saddam was a bad man to his own people and we had to get rid of him -- he's gone. Then we were told the Iraqi people had to have elections -- they did. Now we are spreading 'freedom and democracy' but we are building 14 permanent bases, some the size of Sacramento, California. To me that indicates that we are spreading the cancer of imperialism and usurping THEIR natural resources."

More here

Your hero?

Yeah...mine too.

Comment

Moon

Comment

What gives this woman the right to question our president?

She's a traitor.

She should just STFU and blindly follow the dictates of our government.

It's what makes America great.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

No person should be allowed to disrespect or question the president of the United States. *

*Unless the president is Democrat and the questioning is done by right wing media. That's just good ole' American patriotism.

Comment

Originally posted by hkyfan@Aug 25 2005, 09:52 AM
                            What gives this woman the right to question our president?

She's a traitor.

She should just STFU and blindly follow the dictates of our government.

Who called her a traitor?

What gives people the right to question Cindy Sheehan?

They're un-American.

They should just STFU and listen to whatever Cindy has to say, without comment, even though her own family disagrees with her.

Comment

Working...
                            X