Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007, time to test your f'in mettle

I need to buy a gift for a friends son.

All he wants is an xbox games as he has broken both legs (sorry fucker )

He is 14. I don't really want to get him any of those vice city games, but some sort of cool actoin/role playing thingy.

He mentioned a Bond game(hence 007), but I don't know which one.

What is the best one, and any other suggestions.

he has most of the sports ones already.
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

I've got Splinter Cell and Medal of Honor. Both pretty good. You do off plenty of people though.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Apr 2 2004, 01:12 PM
      I've got Splinter Cell and Medal of Honor. Both pretty good. You do off plenty of people though.
      MOH is great, but I heard some not so good things about the latest one.

Nightfire was a pretty good Bond game for PS2, although it is older. I the multiplayer was great, and the remote control helis were boss.

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Apr 2 2004, 01:08 PM
        I need to buy a gift for a friends son, as he has broken both legs (sorry fucker )

Lazy,

video games aside, have you thought about purchasing the lad a pair of crutches? Or maybe a bit of luck?
        "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

May I suggest HALO 2 or Rallisport Racer? I know you didn't mention racing games, but Rallisport kicks ass.

Comment

He got 'em jumpin out of the back of moving pick up truck.

Stupid ass.

We have been on his ass constantly. He gets swift kick in the behind.

P.S. Not much else to do in the desert

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenotebacker@Apr 2 2004, 12:17 PM
              May I suggest HALO 2 or Rallisport Racer? I know you didn't mention racing games, but Rallisport kicks ass.
              you can suggest anything. I don't know 'bout nothin but sports games.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenotebacker@Apr 2 2004, 01:17 PM
                NFS: Underground was awesome. If he enjoys arcade style racing games and Fast and Furious type cars, he'll dig it. Again for PS2, but I'm sure it's on XBox.

Comment

Originally posted by slow groove+Apr 2 2004, 01:15 PM-->
                  QUOTE (slow groove @ Apr 2 2004, 01:15 PM)

1) Halo 2 won't be coming out for at least 5 months.

2) Killing games are plenty appropriate for 14-year-olds, so long as they aren't stupid...

Here are some suggestions:

Halo - First-person shooter. Great game. OMG, I still love it.
                  Project Gotham Racing - Best racing game out there right now.
                  Need for Speed: Underground - Another solid racer.
                  Splinter Cell - Stealth-action shooter. Very fun.
                  Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow - The sequel! Even more fun.
                  Ninja Gaiden - An action/adventure game where you're a badass ninja. Hard as fuck, though.
                  Mech Assault Action game where you play as a big robot and blow shit up.
                  Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge - Action game where you fly planes and shit and shoot shit.
                  Sports games are always good. What sports does the kid enjoy?
                  James Bond: Everything or Nothing - Best Bond game since GoldenEye for the Nintendo 64.
                  Max Payne - 3rd-person action game. Pretty mature, though. Sex references, drug reference, swearing, lots o' blood.
                  Max Payne 2 The sequel, which is even more gritty.
                  Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - Platformer/puzzle/adventure game. Lot of fun.
                  All the Tom Clancy games for Xbox are very solid.

Comment

Prince of Persia and the Bond game get the nod from my kids.

Halo gets honorable mention.
                    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

The best games I've played recently have been Everything or Nothing (the Bond game), Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and MVP Baseball 2004. Ninja Garden is good too, but I've only played that for a little bit, as I don't own it. :(

Comment

• Working...
                        X