Latest Ozzfest news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Ozzfest news

Iron Maiden's manager has condemned Ozzfest fans who pelted the band with debris during its performance at the hard rock festival's weekend stop near Los Angeles.

The British metal veterans also endured periodic outages of the sound system, and Ozzfest organizer Sharon Osbourne came on stage afterwards to call Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson a "prick" for allegedly berating her husband, Ozzy Osbourne.

Sunday's dramatic show in San Bernardino, California, was Iron Maiden's last on the Ozzfest tour; Velvet Revolver has joined the lineup in its place.

"In 30 years in this business and after hundreds of gigs I have never seen anything anywhere near as disgusting and unprofessional as what went on that night," Ron Smallwood said on Maiden's Web site (http://www.ironmaiden.com).

"The scale, viciousness and concentration of the throwing made it obvious that this was a premeditated and coordinated attack. Assaulting musicians while performing by throwing bottle tops, lighters and eggs at them from just a few yards away is vile, dangerous, criminal and cowardly."

Without naming names, Smallwood says he knew who was responsible for attempting to sabotage Iron Maiden's set, audio and video clips of which have begun circulating online.

"Those who participated or stood idly by and watched as all this went down should also be ashamed of themselves and I would certainly hope they never come near a tour with which we are involved," Smallwood added.

"If l had any sort of problem or misunderstanding with a band working on a tour we were involved in I would go and talk to them or their manager -- not wait until the end of a tour and assault and ambush them," he continued
    I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

iron maiden.......EXCELLENT!!
    Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

I didn't realize that Iron Maiden was still together and performing.
      Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Bottle caps, lighters, and eggs? Oh my!
        If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Say what you want, Iron Maiden never sold out.

Comment

Dickinson should've told everyone he was going home and slammed the mic down on the stage. Everybody then would have left in an orderly fashion, just like G'NR did here at Riverport in '91.
            RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
            You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

The fans were mad because Eddie wasn't there.

Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Originally posted by ksbluesfan@Aug 24 2005, 01:50 PM
                Say what you want, Iron Maiden never sold anything worth listening to..

FiXeD

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Latest Ozzfest news: Ozzfest blows.

Comment

One of the best concerts I've been to was the Anthrax/Iron Maiden show at The Fox in March 1991.
                    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by GloveSaveandaBeauty@Aug 24 2005, 01:59 PM
                      Latest Ozzfest news: Ozzfest blows. News at ten, glovey blows, film at 11, 11:30, 12 and 12:30....

FiXeD...

Bill Walton

Comment

Originally posted by davhaf+Aug 24 2005, 01:57 PM-->
                        QUOTE(davhaf @ Aug 24 2005, 01:57 PM)

Originally posted by ksbluesfan+Aug 24 2005, 03:21 PM-->
                        QUOTE(ksbluesfan @ Aug 24 2005, 03:21 PM)
                        Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2005, 01:57 PM

They kicked ass when I saw them in Germany in 1992.

Ozzfest does suck. I went in '96 and saw Ozzy and then the original Sabbath, and it was worth it, but every other band there was cookie monster metal.
                        His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                        Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by ksbluesfan+Aug 24 2005, 01:21 PM-->
                          QUOTE(ksbluesfan @ Aug 24 2005, 01:21 PM)
                          Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2005, 01:57 PM
                        Working...
                        X