Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry sets one-month fund-raising record

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=1...j8sV1I&refer=us

Kerry Nets $50 Mln in 3 Months; Bush Thanks Donors (Update1)

April 2 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. Senator John Kerry raised more than $50 million for his presidential campaign in the first three months of this year, more than any Democrat has ever raised in a quarter and more than the $49.2 million party nominee Al Gore raised during all of his 2000 primary campaign.

The campaign raised $38 million in March alone, campaign manager Mary Beth Cahill said in a conference call, breaking the one-month fund-raising record of about $35 million set by President George W. Bush last June. The campaign raised $26.7 million from Internet donations in the quarter, Cahill said.

Kerry, 60, a four-term senator from Massachusetts, has raised a total of about $83 million since he began campaigning over a year ago. That's less that half the record $175 million that Bush has raised for his re-election effort. Bush, 57, has begun to spend his cash this month, running nationwide television and radio ads portraying Kerry as indecisive on national defense issues and prone to raising taxes.

``Even with this record-breaking quarter, George Bush is still sitting on'' over $100 million, Cahill said. ``We do not need to spend as much as the Bush campaign because the three years of the Bush administration are very fresh in the minds of voters.''

Bush is scheduled to attend his last fund-raising reception of the year in Charlotte, North Carolina on April 5, campaign finance chairman Mercer Reynolds said in an interview. Bush attends a reception at a Georgia golf community owned by the Reynolds family tonight to thank more than 500 of his top fund-raisers and supporters.

The Bush campaign will continue to raise money through direct mail, the Internet, and at smaller events attended by ``surrogates'' of the president such as presidential adviser Karl Rove, Reynolds said in an interview March 30 at the Bush campaign's headquarters in Arlington, Virginia.

``I'm glad that we've been successful raising the money as quickly as we have -- without question we've achieved our goal in record time,'' Reynolds said. ``That's helpful since the campaign started early.''
    “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Razzy, seriously, are posting like Nick2Cell to piss me and Sparrow and a few others off or was this a mistake?
      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Apr 2 2004, 01:10 PM
        Razzy, seriously, are posting like Nick2Cell to piss me and Sparrow and a few others off or was this a mistake?
        I beg your pardon?

I regularly post columns related to politics. Has nothing to do with how I think you or jack will feel about it. I couldnt care less, actually.

I posted it because I thought it was interesting, and because it shows that there are plenty of people out there contributing to Kerry's run for the presidency.

If you genuinely get pissed off because I posted a column like this, then I suggest some kind of counseling.
        “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Sounds like the Limousine Liberals are really kicking in.
          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 2 2004, 06:24 PM
            Yeah. Limousine liberals like me, who donated my first $100 to a while back. Too bad my limo is in the shop with my Lear jet and golden chariot.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 2 2004, 06:24 PM
              That's less that half the record $175 million that Bush has raised for his re-election effort
              If Kerry's contributers are "limousine liberals", who exactly are the Republican contributers who have contributed over 175 Million to Bush?

Limousine Assholes.
              2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Apr 2 2004, 06:52 PM-->
                QUOTE (Trigfunctions @ Apr 2 2004, 06:52 PM)

Democrats - Party of the People - My Ass
                And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

Razzy, I was talking about the format.
                  When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 2 2004, 07:20 PM
                    Republicans-party of pent up sexual frustration and self hating which makes them attack everyone who doesn't share their small minded allegiance to the religious right. Yeah, sounds about right. Of course, not all Republicans are like this, but until certain shit heads on here stop lumping all Democrats into the worst ranks of my party I thought I'd play their game.
                    "They misunderestimated me."
                    Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
                    -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Comment

Hollywood elites - Trial Lawyers - Militant teacher's unions

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 3 2004, 12:05 PM

Hollywood elites - Trial Lawyers - Militant teacher's unions
                        Don't forget those on the gubbermint's payroll either
                        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

TTB,

I really don't see much difference between most gubbermint "workers" and welfare recipients.

They live off the work of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 3 2004, 12:38 PM
                            TTB,

I really don't see much difference between most gubbermint "workers" and welfare recipients.

They live off the work of others.
                            I have had the privilege of working on some gubbermint contracts.

We come in and actually get the project done while the bulk of the gubbermint workers read the paper, sleep and go to endless training classes.

There are 'some' good ones though that work hard and are very dedicated.

From what I have seen we could cut government spending in half and the output would remain roughly constant.

Of course, we would have more people unemployed but at lower rates of pay. Unemployment is what about $250 a week or so?
                            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

• Working...
                              X