Reward is offered in search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reward is offered in search

Why is this story not getting more media attention? When Lacey Peterson was missing, you couldn't turn on the TV without getting an update on the search. This story isn't even the top story in the Post-Dispatch and I've heard only one mention in the national news media.
    Reward is offered in search for missing pregnant woman
    By Tim Rowden
    Of the Post-Dispatch
    08/23/2005

An anonymous donor is posting a $100,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the disappearance of a pregnant Pevely woman.

Amanda Jones, who was due to deliver her second child this week, disappeared more than a week ago.

Family members, who continue to hope that she and her baby will come home safe, held a news conference on Tuesday at the Jefferson County sheriff's office in Hillsboro to announce the reward.

"I need to find my daughter and bring her home," said Jones' father, Hubert Propst. "I have the hope that we will find her alive and well. I believe that."

He added, "I think the money is going to bring us good news ... Money wakes up people. Money gives people strength. This is a big reward."

Propst said the donor was from out of state and was not a family member.

Jones, 26, a divorced mother of a 4-year-old daughter, was last seen Aug. 14 on the horse show grounds of the Hillsboro Civic Center on Highway 21 in central Jefferson County. Police found her unlocked car there but said it offered no clues.

Police and relatives say Jones went to Hillsboro to meet with Bryan Lee Westfall, the man her family says is the father of her baby, a boy.

Sheriff Oliver "Glenn" Boyer said on Tuesday that the man has been giving "limited cooperation" to authorities by speaking with police through his attorney.

Boyer said Westfall "is a key person in our investigation because he was the last person, through his own admission, to have seen her."

Westfall's attorney, Kevin Roberts, has said his client "has done nothing wrong."

Boyer said investigators had been speaking with a woman through her attorney. That woman was with Westfall the night after Jones disappeared, Boyer said.

Boyer said police had received more than 150 tips and conducted several searches of the horse show grounds and the Civic Center.

Boyer renewed his appeal for the public's help, asking anyone with information about the case to call 636-797-5515.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
    Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
    Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
    Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
    NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
    LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Lacy was on a coast, this girl is not. Lacy was more TV friendly too

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Originally posted by jhanke@Aug 24 2005, 09:57 AM
      Lacy was on a coast, this girl is not. Lacy was more TV friendly too
      So is that why the little blond girl in Utah or wherever get all over the news when there has never been any national media attention for either Shawn Hornbeck or Christian Ferguson? <_<

Comment

Not to be a dick, but why should any of these missing person's reports get attention outside of the regiion they are reportedly to have taken place in?

People go missing every day in every part of this country. Why Missing Persons A is more important than Missing Persons B is something I'll never understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Lois Lane+Aug 24 2005, 09:00 AM-->
          QUOTE(Lois Lane @ Aug 24 2005, 09:00 AM)

Originally posted by Iowa_Card@Aug 24 2005, 10:08 AM
          Not to be a dick, but why should any of these missing person's reports get attention outside of the regiion they are reportedly to have taken place in?

People go missing every day in every part of this country. Why Missing Persons A is more important than Missing Persons B is something I'll never understand.
          That was sort of my point too. Why are there some stories that get on the news and drug on for weeks, while others get no attention? Why did Lacy Peterson get national attention? Why did the run-away bride get national attention? Why did that girl in Utah get national attention? Some of the missing people around here barely get mentioned in the local media.

Comment

What a sad story. I'm sure the father did something to her.

Comment

If the lady was atractive it would get attention!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jusse@Aug 24 2005, 11:16 AM
                If the lady was atractive it would get attention!!!!

Sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by Lois Lane+Aug 24 2005, 10:13 AM-->
                  QUOTE(Lois Lane @ Aug 24 2005, 10:13 AM)

We need Nancy Grace to report on the ineptitude of the Missouri investigation team in order to get some publicity.

And we'll need to run pics of the beautiful Natalee instead of Amanda.
                  Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Since day one I have thought the "father of the baby" has something to do with this...I heard on the news the other day, he and his g/f are cooperating with the police thru their lawyers. (I didn't read the article LL posted, sorry if that was mentioned in there).
                    Feb. 08, 2005
                    Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                    Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                    Originally posted by Airshark
                    NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man@Aug 24 2005, 10:42 AM
                        Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Moon
                        Midwest people don't photograph well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nsane2Bme@Aug 24 2005, 10:40 AM
                          Since day one I have thought the "father of the baby" has something to do with this...I heard on the news the other day, he and his g/f are cooperating with the police thru their lawyers. (I didn't read the article LL posted, sorry if that was mentioned in there).
                          Same thing I was thinking.
                          RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                          You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                          X