If you could have any job....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could have any job....

Don't go the easy way and say a professional athlete. Most of us would love to get paid to play sports.

Imagine money is not a concern, but you get to work at something you've always wanted to do.

For example, my Dad worked at Chrysler for over 30 years. The last 10 years or so he absolutely hated it. He kept saying if he could get a job doing anything, it would be cutting grass at a golf course. He finally retired a year and a half ago and moved to Florida. Guess what he's doing now? He's happier than he's even been.

If I could do anything, I would want to work in the Marketing department for the Cardinals. I think Marty Hendin has the best job on the planet.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Teach and coach.

Comment

Mop boy at a peep show.

Moon

Comment

Sports columnist for a major publication...not beat writer.

Or an entertainer, be it an actor or singer.
        "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

I think a road manager for a rock band or the traveling secretary for a ball club.

** Official Lounge sponsor of Fulham and Detroit Lions**

Comment

Professional card player specializing in Texas Hold'em.
            No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
            President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
            President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

Chef.
              If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

I'm doing what I always wanted to be doing (programming geek). But it'd be nice to do it for someone like ESPN or Fox. I'd say I'd like to do this job for one of Cardinals/Blues/Bears, but I don't know how much in the way of 'programming' needs that professional teams have. Webmaster or IT person, sure. Not programmer.
                Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

What a coincidence someone started this topic as I am trying in vain to get myself started in what I really want to do which is to buy old houses in the city and rehab/fix them up to rent out or sell. I'm having a little trouble with the financing right now. Apparently being single with a child and still managing to own my own home and pay my own bills doesn't make me a good canditate for a loan. Go figure..... <_<
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                  Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                  Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                  NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                  LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownBluesFan@Aug 24 2005, 08:52 AM
                    I'm doing what I always wanted to be doing (programming geek). But it'd be nice to do it for someone like ESPN or Fox. I'd say I'd like to do this job for one of Cardinals/Blues/Bears, but I don't know how much in the way of 'programming' needs that professional teams have. Webmaster or IT person, sure. Not programmer.
                    A guy I went to high school with is the IT guy for the Tampa Bay Bucs.
                    In their Super Bowl year he said he was already in San Diego when they won the NFC Championship in Philly. He had ten minutes to celebrate and then immediately starting getting them set up out there.
                    He said he and his wife got free tickets to that Super Bowl and he got to stand in the middle of the field with the rest of the team for a sold out reception back in Tampa after they won.

Comment

I would like to amend my earlier statment. Since I work for GM I would love to test drive cars. If I could drive the new vette or other cool cars,now that would be fun and a little more realistic.

** Official Lounge sponsor of Fulham and Detroit Lions**

Comment

Originally posted by fzjjfk@Aug 24 2005, 09:44 AM
                        I think a road manager for a rock band or the traveling secretary for a ball club.
                        Costanza!
                        Official Lounge Sponsor:
                        Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                        The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                        Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

I'd like to be a novelist. Too bad my writing skills are sub-par.

I'd like to be a personal chef too. I've worked in restaurants before, and I know I wouldn't enjoy being a chef in a restaurant. But I live to cook.

Comment

Originally posted by Beetlebop70+Aug 24 2005, 08:57 AM-->
                            QUOTE(Beetlebop70 @ Aug 24 2005, 08:57 AM)

I think I'd like to be an admissions officer/advisor/college counselor and hockey coach at a prep school.

I probably would dig being in the scouting department for an NHL team.
                            Official Lounge Sponsor:
                            Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                            The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                            Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

Working...
                            X