J.D. Drew's uterus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.D. Drew's uterus

Will Drew break the mold and stay healthy?

By Chuck Johnson, USA TODAY
    KISSIMMEE, Fla. — The enormous expectations that greeted J.D. Drew's arrival to the major leagues remain largely unfulfilled after five seasons and six stints on the disabled list.

His injuries read like an orthopedic handbook — strained quadriceps, sprained ankle, broken pinkie, right knee tendinitis, diseased patella tendon, strained oblique — but the Atlanta Braves are counting on the one-time phenom to be their right fielder after Gary Sheffield signed with the New York Yankees.

Leave it to others to speculate on whether Drew's left-handed power can make up for some of the offense lost when Sheffield and catcher Javy Lopez departed as free agents. Drew's concerns are more personal.

"The thing I want to do is pick up the slack for my injuries over the last couple of years in a way that gets me on the field and lets me play a lot," he says. "That's what I want — a long, full healthy season. The more I can get out there and be successful, the better chance we have to win."

The rest
    Dude. Can. Fly.

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Apr 2 2004, 12:58 PM
    "The thing I want to do is pick up the slack for my injuries over the last couple of years in a way that gets me on the field and lets me play a lot,"
    Translated.......

"This is my contract year"
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Dvyyyyy

I am actually banking on JD's uterus to be strong this year, since I have him on one of my fantasy league teams.

I think this is the year he breaks out.
      “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

playing a lot is what now........71 games, 214 AB's?

Which makes him worth 11.5 million a year to his agent and Steinbrenner
        FML

Comment

He'll play in at least 140 games. His stats will be excellent.

Man, people around here are hard on this guy.
          I'm always right.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Apr 2 2004, 01:03 PM
            Dvyyyyy

I am actually banking on JD's uterus to be strong this year, since I have him on one of my fantasy league teams.

I think this is the year he breaks out.
            Ditto.

Comment

As I've said since the trade, we'll ultimately regret this one, more if our compensation doesn't perform as expected.

Drew will have one helluva year.

No pressure.
              No expectations.
              Home reunion.
              Something to prove.
              Healthy.
              Different coach, and a really good one.
              Contract year.

Watch out.
              "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

We got a proven bullpen workhorse, a promising 25 year old hard thrower with great potential, and a top 5 minor league pitching prospect for an underacheiving Drew and a utility player. Regardless of what Drew does this year, we have given ourselves opportunity for the future in the most important position on the field, pitching.

Comment

Originally posted by chazzz@Apr 2 2004, 01:20 PM
                  We got a proven bullpen workhorse, a promising 25 year old hard thrower with great potential, and a top 5 minor league pitching prospect for an underacheiving Drew and a utility player. Regardless of what Drew does this year, we have given ourselves opportunity for the future in the most important position on the field, pitching.
                  From you lips to God's ears.
                  "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by slow groove+Apr 2 2004, 12:24 PM-->
                    QUOTE (slow groove @ Apr 2 2004, 12:24 PM)

I really think Drew will be Drew this year.

Same year, different stuff.

Wait.

Reverse that.

Different year, same old stupid stuff that made him the player he is today.
                    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Apr 2 2004, 01:29 PM
                      I really think Drew will be Drew this year.

Same year, different stuff.

Wait.

Reverse that.

Different year, same old stupid stuff that made him the player he is today.
                      Wow, CG. I thought you had faith in our dearly departed and expected a breakout year?

Comment

No. I never (since the trade and a bit before) had faith that Drew would ever be anything more than he has already been.

He's a whiner and a baby.

I used to think that things would work out with him. When he pulled himself out of the KC game last year, I just decided that I would never expect anything out of him ever again.
                        Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Even though they'll miss Eli, I couldn't agree more. Especially if Wainwright turns out as good as advertised.

Nancy will do nothing differently at all, because he doesn't love playing the game. I believe he'll play 140 games when I see it.
                          His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                          Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

• Working...
                            X