Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunc speak

Duncan:

It was a repeat performance. When he pitches well, he does certain things. When he pitches bad, he does the same certain things. And they're not the same.
    That should clear things up. JJ.

Originally posted by jack jones@Aug 24 2005, 07:00 AM
    Duncan:

It was a repeat performance. When he pitches well, he does certain things. When he pitches bad, he does the same certain things. And they're not the same.
    That should clear things up. JJ.
    It's a brain twister for Dusty.

Comment

Goofy quote wise, Duncan has done a decent job of making up for the NHL lockout. The Canadian guys are the best at saying goofy things. JJ.

Comment

I'm surprised he didn't come up with his traditional tipping pitches explanation.

Comment

That's because Marquis doesn't have any pitches to tip. JJ.

Comment

I didn't see any of the games, but my first guess as to why Maquis was hammered harder than a $5 hooker was because he was leaving his pitches up and they were hammering them.

Comment

Yup--you really don't need to see JM pitch to know what happened. The scorecard tells the story. He wants to pitch like Nolan Ryan but his fastball is as flat as Dustin Hermanson's. JJ.

Comment

Translation: When the stupid fucker does what I tell him to do, he pitches well. When he doesn't, which is now most if not all the time, he gets his dick handed to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Aug 24 2005, 09:28 AM
                  Translation: When the stupid fucker does what I tell him to do, he pitches well. When he doesn't, which is now most if not all the time, he gets his dick handed to him.
                  Exactly.

Or: While he should be doing what I tell him to do, he's out getting advice from Tomko's brother's neighbor's golden retriever.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Aug 24 2005, 08:28 AM
                    Translation: When the stupid fucker does what I tell him to do, he pitches well. When he doesn't, which is now most if not all the time, he gets his dick handed to him. Look what happened when franking Mulder started listening to me, excluding day games of course. Those are all on him.
                    fixed.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

Let's look @ the whole little part w/ Duncan...

Duncan has been exasperated with Marquis straying from his and the staff's game plan of pounding his sinker down in the strike zone.

"It was a repeat performance," said Duncan. "When he pitches well, he does certain things. When he pitches bad, he does the same certain things. And they're not the same.

"He goes away from his strength as a pitcher and it doesn't work for him. He's got to build his game around his strengths and complement them with the other stuff that he does. His strength is to throw sinkers in the bottom of the strike zone. He didn't do that today. When he did throw a sinker, it was up way too much of the time.

"It's frustrating," Duncan said. "He listens to what is said. He practices things that we talk about. If you go down and watch his bullpens, you'd think that nobody could ever beat this guy

"But I see him going in the wrong direction. When I say that, he needs to be more aggressive and what I see is less aggressive with the strike zone. What he needs to realize is you to throw your best stuff up there and find out if it works or not. He's not giving himself a chance."
                      Right before that, Marquis rejected the notion that he should be sent to the bullpen (reminds me of playoffs past)...

Sounds like to me the Jason Marquis era in STL will be over after 2005....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Should have traded him when he was 9-6

I believe I suggested that.

Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

I believe you did. I think I agreed at the time. If I didn't I should have.

He's turned into Jason S., Tomko, Hermanson and Stephenson. Wasn't there a time when three of those four were in the rotation? JJ.

Comment

Tomko, Hermanson and Stephenson.
                            Read the writing on the wall, Jason. When you're being mentioned in the same breath as these TLR/DD doghouse dwellers, don't go buying any big houses in West County.

Dead man walking.

Comment

Working...
                            X