X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xavier
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawg_Wild03@Aug 23 2005, 11:21 PM
    Willis, Beckett and Burnett could shut us down.

Im not scared of anyone else in the NL.
    Yeah and those guys sporting a 1.53, 2.67 and 2.68 ERA on the Astros staff aren't capable of doing that

Leave a comment:

• Brosnan2715
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawg_Wild03@Aug 23 2005, 11:21 PM

100% agree

Leave a comment:

• Hawg_Wild03
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Xavier
    replied
    Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Aug 23 2005, 11:07 PM
    I want the stros to win the WC.

after that I can't care.
    Why is that? So that the Cards get the Padres in the first round, instead of the Bravos, Phils or Marlins?

Leave a comment:

• cardinalgirl
    replied
    I want the stros to win the WC.

after that I can't care.

Leave a comment:

• joe_w
    replied
    My biggest problem with the Marlins is also my biggest problem with the Braves - I don't believe in their closers.

Reitsma is already starting to choke down the stretch. Danny Kolb has already failed in that role. The Braves may be reduced to counting on Farnsworth to save critical games in September.

Todd Jones has been terrific all season for the Marlins - but for all his veteran credentials, he is an unproven September closer. The bulk of his closing experience was for very bad Detroit teams that were never a factor in September. He has also been pitching - IMHO - far over his head and is due to come back to earth.

The Philadelphia Phillies - for all of the other problems that they have - do have the late inning bullpen to hang onto games when the pressure is on. If they can hang in the race and figure out a way to get a late-inning lead, they may be the team to sneak in and take that division.

Leaving the Braves, Marlins and Astros to battle for the WC.

Leave a comment:

• gibsongirl
    replied
    That would mean the Cards get the Padres or Diamondbacks in the first round, which I like. No matter what, if they get to the NLCS, it's gonna be tough. Don't like the Marlins' or Astros' staff. Really don't like Lidge.

Leave a comment:

• Xavier
    started a topic My Fearless Prediction

My Fearless Prediction

They Marlins will win the NL East and the Astros will win the Wildcard. For some reason, maybe it the crack I just smoked, I think that the Braves are about to hit the skids. Their young players have been playing way too good for way too long. Bobby Cox is the shit and all but I think the pressure of the pennant chase might start making their rookies press and go into a slump. The Marlins are only 4.5 games back as of right now and their pitching has been getting hot as of late.

If I am correct and the Marlins and the Astros both make it that means the Astros will have to face off against the Marlins in the 1st round. Its not something which I will be rooting for with the pitching the Marlins have but hey at least I'll be able to watch the Astros in the playoffs and I'll pit our pitchers versus that of any other team in the league.

Discuss.
Working...
X