• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducks ship Rucchin to Rags

Ducks ship Rucchin to Rangers

TSN.ca Staff

8/23/2005 8:29:06 PM

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim traded longtime Ducks centre Steve Rucchin to the New York Rangers for enforcer Trevor Gillies and a conditional pick in the 2007 draft.

"The Mighty Ducks would like to thank Steve Rucchin for his efforts and dedication over the last 10 years in Anaheim," said Executive Vice President and General Manager Brian Burke. "We wish him the very best of luck with the New York Rangers."

Gilles, 26, has two assists and 277 penalty minutes playing with Hartford in the AHL last season.

Rucchin, 34, played in 82 games with Anaheim during the 2003-2004 season, scoring 43 points. He was drafted out of the University of Western Ontario by Anaheim in the 1994 NHL Supplemental Draft and appeared in his first NHL season with the Ducks in 1994-95.

Rucchin spent several seasons as the pivot between high-flying Ducks Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne and has compiled 432 points in 616 career games. He's slated to earn $2.261-million this season.

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Originally posted by *007*@Aug 23 2005, 04:34 PM
    Ducks ship Rucchin to Rangers

TSN.ca Staff

8/23/2005 8:29:06 PM

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim traded longtime Ducks centre Steve Rucchin to the New York Rangers for enforcer Trevor Gillies and a conditional pick in the 2007 draft.

"The Mighty Ducks would like to thank Steve Rucchin for his efforts and dedication over the last 10 years in Anaheim," said Executive Vice President and General Manager Brian Burke. "We wish him the very best of luck with the New York Rangers."

Gilles, 26, has two assists and 277 penalty minutes playing with Hartford in the AHL last season.

Rucchin, 34, played in 82 games with Anaheim during the 2003-2004 season, scoring 43 points. He was drafted out of the University of Western Ontario by Anaheim in the 1994 NHL Supplemental Draft and appeared in his first NHL season with the Ducks in 1994-95.

Rucchin spent several seasons as the pivot between high-flying Ducks Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne and has compiled 432 points in 616 career games. He's slated to earn $2.261-million this season.
    Are the Quackers under the cap now???
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

LEERY
      Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
      "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

This is a curious trade considering the Ducks just traded for Todd Fedoruk a few weeks ago.
        Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Originally posted by CSD@Aug 23 2005, 07:05 PM
          This is a curious trade considering the Ducks just traded for Todd Fedoruk a few weeks ago.
          I think they were really heavy at center, but I have always like Rucchin. Give him a decent winger, and he'll put up some nice numbers. Maybe they thought they needed some muscle to protect all the pansy Euros they have on the roster.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X