Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston

Part of me -- sick to fucking death of the Boston media circle-jerk that has accompanied this losing franchise for decades -- would like to see them blow it and miss the playoffs entirely. Of course, that will only generate probably even more media attention, so....

....another part of me wants them to make it to the Series again, so we can beat the living shit out of them and restore order in the universe.

How do youse guys feel?

I want to get there and beat whoever we play.

It would be cool to beat the sox I guess. But really I would like to play another team. Any team. Or the sox.

I don't think it matters to me, really.
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Does to me, because I'm very much a grudge-holder when it comes to sports.

But the thought of not hearing about Johnny Damon in October is very powerful.

Comment

I want them to lose and I want us to win. However that happens, I'm cool with it.

Comment

Mainly I just want the Cards to win...but beating the Sox would make it sweeter.

But the Cards beat them in 46 and 67 so they are the ones behind in this series.
          Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

If we both get there and they beat us again, I'm giving up baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Aug 23 2005, 04:08 PM

And what if in the rematch we take you to the cleaners again?
              Official Lounge Sponsor:
              Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
              The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
              Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Aug 23 2005, 03:08 PM

I mean, I am certainly not saying that I don't hate them. Of course I do. It has more to do with their cries of "underdog" stuff through the years and then the players going on that stupid queer eye show and that dipshit thinking he's a pitcher who sings and the bloody sock (DIE BLOODY SOCK BS) than it does with what happened last year. I put our losses at the end last year on our team.

I sure would like to win even if it's against some dippy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Aug 23 2005, 03:10 PM
                  If we both get there and they beat us again, I'm giving up baseball.
                  I might jump off the roof.

I'm fugging sick of losing to Boston teams.
                  Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

As long as the Cardinals win the World Series, I don't care who they play. If it is the Red Sox, well, that will make it better, but just winning is the important thing.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                    Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                    Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                    NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                    LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

put our losses at the end last year on our team.
                      I do too, for sure. Which is why I might want a rematch: Let's see what happens when we actually show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Aug 23 2005, 03:12 PM
                        put our losses at the end last year on our team.
                        I do too, for sure. Which is why I might want a rematch: Let's see what happens when we actually show up.
                        well there is that.

I am just glad we can't face a team like HOUSTON in the WS.

Comment

i live in boston and was here for the super bowl as well, so believe me, you have no idea what being tired of media coverage really is. love the town, but being a cards/rams fan and living here for the past 4 or 5 years has been like doing constant penance. i find myself constantly rooting for injuries, and that can't be good for my karma.

but i fear the sox. they should be losing a lot this season - their pitching is nowhere near the level of last year (timlin will be their closer soon for christ's sake). but all they do is win - they are beating everyone into submission. yes, we match up better than last year, but i think the fear of losing to them 2 years in a row is larger than my desire to settle last year's score. last year turned me into a yankee fan - and i think i want the yankees to take the division. just to be safe. i don't think i could take another red sox october with all the horn honking, and parades, and jerseys, and signs. i would have to gouge my eyes out and cut off my ears. (or move.)

Comment

Originally posted by karm@Aug 23 2005, 04:20 PM
                            i live in boston and was here for the super bowl as well, so believe me, you have no idea what being tired of media coverage really is. love the town, but being a cards/rams fan and living here for the past 4 or 5 years has been like doing constant penance. i find myself constantly rooting for injuries, and that can't be good for my karma.

but i fear the sox. they should be losing a lot this season - their pitching is nowhere near the level of last year (timlin will be their closer soon for christ's sake). but all they do is win - they are beating everyone into submission. yes, we match up better than last year, but i think the fear of losing to them 2 years in a row is larger than my desire to settle last year's score. last year turned me into a yankee fan - and i think i want the yankees to take the division. just to be safe. i don't think i could take another red sox october with all the horn honking, and parades, and jerseys, and signs. i would have to gouge my eyes out and cut off my ears. (or move.)
                            Sorry, bro. Where in town are you?
                            Official Lounge Sponsor:
                            Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                            The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                            Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

I'd rather they miss the playoffs altogether, but they are going to cruise to the division title.

I'd love to beat them. I'm sure we will hear all sorts of scrappy underdog BS again. Gammons et al already have the "Those guys just like playin' ball and having fun" columns tucked away. How do they get by with their limited payroll of only 120 million????

The thought of losing to them already makes my stomach start to churn though.

I'm pained with the though of a jinx just thinking about this.....
                              Sketch in STL
                              Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

Working...
                              X