Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasy advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fantasy advice

    This is my first year playing fantasy. I've read a couple of magazines to get me up to speed. I realize that picking running backs seems to be priority number 1. However, I kind of want Randy Moss. I have the 6th pick in a 12 team league. Would it be a bad pick to select a receiver that high?

    I'd like to go ---
    1. Moss
    2. Kevin Jones
    3. Highest running back
    4. QB --- Brady, Collins, Bulger, Palmer
    5. WR

    I could select my Qb in the 5th round. I'm going to pick a QB once two of those mentioned QB are gone. I want to have one of them for sure.

    Any thoughts from fantasy experts on strategy? I think Moss will have a monster season but is that a wasted first round pick?????

  • #2
    A spring day. A meadow of daisies. Harp music. Bouncing boobs.

    Moon

    Comment


    • #3
      Don't draft any crackas.

      Comment


      • #4
        I would say yes. Considering 12 teams is alot so RB's will be extra scarce if you must start two.

        Plus, Moss at new team with a less than Dante QB. Although Collins can throw the deep ball.

        But Moss is pretty much a fantasy stud. I don't think anyone would make fun of you.
        Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tigernumbe@Aug 23 2005, 10:46 AM
          This is my first year playing fantasy. I've read a couple of magazines to get me up to speed. I realize that picking running backs seems to be priority number 1. However, I kind of want Randy Moss. I have the 6th pick in a 12 team league. Would it be a bad pick to select a receiver that high?

          I'd like to go ---
          1. Moss
          2. Kevin Jones
          3. Highest running back
          4. QB --- Brady, Collins, Bulger, Palmer
          5. WR

          I could select my Qb in the 5th round. I'm going to pick a QB once two of those mentioned QB are gone. I want to have one of them for sure.

          Any thoughts from fantasy experts on strategy? I think Moss will have a monster season but is that a wasted first round pick?????
          I think you really cant go into a draft with your mind set as to what position you're going to take in each round. You have to adjust to how the draft rolls. Moss could be gone by pick 5 (unlikely, but you just never know), or Kevin Jones could be gone by your 2nd round pick.
          Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
          Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
          There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
          "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
          "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tigernumbe@Aug 23 2005, 10:46 AM
            This is my first year playing fantasy. I've read a couple of magazines to get me up to speed. I realize that picking running backs seems to be priority number 1. However, I kind of want Randy Moss. I have the 6th pick in a 12 team league. Would it be a bad pick to select a receiver that high?

            I'd like to go ---
            1. Moss
            2. Kevin Jones
            3. Highest running back
            4. QB --- Brady, Collins, Bulger, Palmer
            5. WR

            I could select my Qb in the 5th round. I'm going to pick a QB once two of those mentioned QB are gone. I want to have one of them for sure.

            Any thoughts from fantasy experts on strategy? I think Moss will have a monster season but is that a wasted first round pick?????
            My best advice is to pick up a fantasy football mag ASAP and keep it handy during your draft.

            Most good publications will have team depth charts at all positions, pre-ranked players by position, and a handful of mock drafts by the "experts."

            If anything, you will get an idea of how (*hopefully*) your league will draft, although I always seem to be in a league when there is a goofball who starts taking defense in an early round or goes TE crazy with his 2nd or 3rd pick.

            As far as Moss goes, if you can't have him, don't sweat it. Pick up Kerry Collins. He'll be able to get you just as many points for TDs to Moss as Moss will pick up receiving them...

            Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

            * Payment processing. It will be official soon.

            Comment


            • #7
              I would not pick Moss at #6...

              To many good RB at that point in the draft.
              Official Lounge Sponsor of:
              Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by steveInebriated@Aug 23 2005, 10:53 AM
                If anything, you will get an idea of how (*hopefully*) your league will draft, although I always seem to be in a league when there is a goofball who starts taking defense in an early round or goes TE crazy with his 2nd or 3rd pick.
                Is it that crazy to see Tony Gonzalez off the board in the 3rd round? That's what happened in the free league draft, and I didn't think too much of it. I ended up taking Witten in the 4th and thought it was a good pick......managed to piss someone off, at least.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks for the responses. Knowing the people picking in front of me, Moss will be available at 6.

                  And I didn't mean that I have to pick Kevin Jones in the second round. I've already ranked by top 24 QB's and top 30 RB's. I will pick by best available.

                  The only thing I know is that i'm going to take one of Bulger, Palmer, Collins, or Brady as my QB --- I will pick one of those guys once two of the above are already selected. And yeah, I'll pick Moss unless somebody like Manning and Tomlinson are still there at 6 --- which is a 2% chance. I really don't want a QB in round 1. And I won't pick Priest Holmes or any Chiefs for that matter.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You're gonna pick Moss @ 6? Then you better get Collins to maximize those points....

                    "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      1 QB P Manning IND 8 174
                      2 RB L Tomlinson SD 10 163
                      3 RB S Alexander SEA 8 155
                      4 RB W McGahee BUF 9 127
                      5 QB D Culpepper MIN 5 125
                      6 RB E James IND 8 123
                      7 RB D McAllister NO 10 115
                      8 RB P Holmes KC 5 113
                      9 QB D McNabb PHI 6 112
                      10 RB A Green GB 6 109
                      11 RB C Portis WAS 3 109
                      12 WR R Moss OAK 5 103
                      13 RB T Barber NYG 5 102
                      14 RB D Davis HOU 3 101
                      15 QB M Bulger STL 9 96
                      16 RB R Johnson CIN 10 93
                      17 QB B Favre GB 6 91
                      18 QB J Plummer DEN 9 90
                      19 RB J Jones DAL 9 90
                      20 WR M Harrison IND 8 89
                      21 QB T Green KC 5 88
                      22 QB M Hasselbeck SEA 8 86
                      23 RB J Lewis BAL 3 85
                      24 RB K Jones DET 3 83
                      25 RB L Jordan OAK 5 83
                      26 RB C Dillon NE 7 81
                      27 QB K Collins OAK 5 79
                      28 QB A Brooks NO 10 77
                      29 RB T Bell * DEN 9 76
                      30 RB C Martin NYJ 8 75
                      31 WR J Walker GB 6 75
                      32 RB S Jackson STL 9 73
                      33 WR T Holt STL 9 73
                      34 RB D Foster * CAR 7 73
                      35 RB T Jones CHI 4 73
                      36 WR R Wayne IND 8 67
                      37 QB C Palmer * CIN 10 64
                      38 RB T Henry TEN 10 63
                      39 WR C Johnson CIN 10 63
                      40 RB R Williams MIA 4 62
                      41 RB C Brown TEN 10 61
                      42 RB B Westbrook PHI 6 61
                      43 WR A Johnson HOU 3 59
                      44 RB F Taylor JAX 7 59
                      45 RB K Barlow SF 6 59
                      46 TE T Gonzalez KC 5 59
                      47 WR T Owens PHI 6 57
                      48 RB M Bennett MIN 5 57
                      49 RB R Brown MIA 4 57
                      50 WR D Bennett TEN 10 56
                      51 QB J Delhomme CAR 7 55
                      52 RB W Dunn ATL 8 55
                      53 QB T Brady NE 7 54
                      54 QB D Brees SD 10 54
                      55 WR J Horn NO 10 52
                      56 TE A Gates SD 10 51
                      57 WR N Burleson * MIN 5 49
                      58 QB M Vick ATL 8 46
                      59 RB L Suggs * CLE 4 46
                      60 QB B Griese * TB 7 46
                      61 RB D Staley PIT 4 45
                      62 QB E Manning NYG 5 43
                      63 RB C Williams TB 7 42
                      64 WR R Williams * DET 3 41
                      65 RB J Arrington ARZ 6 41
                      66 RB T Duckett ATL 8 41
                      67 WR D Driver GB 6 39
                      68 WR M Clayton TB 7 37
                      69 WR B Stokley IND 8 37
                      70 RB B Jacobs NYG 5 36
                      71 WR H Ward PIT 4 35
                      72 WR A Boldin ARZ 6 35
                      73 TE A Crumpler ATL 8 35
                      74 RB M Anderson DEN 9 34
                      75 TE T Heap BAL 3 34
                      76 QB C Pennington NYJ 8 33
                      77 WR D Jackson SEA 8 33
                      78 RB L Johnson KC 5 33
                      79 RB C Buckhalter PHI 6 33
                      80 WR S Smith * CAR 7 32
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                      Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Moon Man@Aug 23 2005, 10:49 AM
                        A spring day. A meadow of daisies. Harp music. Bouncing boobs.

                        Moon
                        I like this one best.
                        If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BlueBrained@Aug 23 2005, 09:05 AM
                          1 QB P Manning IND 8 174
                          2 RB L Tomlinson SD 10 163
                          3 RB S Alexander SEA 8 155
                          4 RB W McGahee BUF 9 127
                          5 QB D Culpepper MIN 5 125
                          6 RB E James IND 8 123
                          7 RB D McAllister NO 10 115
                          8 RB P Holmes KC 5 113
                          9 QB D McNabb PHI 6 112
                          10 RB A Green GB 6 109
                          11 RB C Portis WAS 3 109
                          12 WR R Moss OAK 5 103
                          13 RB T Barber NYG 5 102
                          14 RB D Davis HOU 3 101
                          15 QB M Bulger STL 9 96
                          16 RB R Johnson CIN 10 93
                          17 QB B Favre GB 6 91
                          18 QB J Plummer DEN 9 90
                          19 RB J Jones DAL 9 90
                          20 WR M Harrison IND 8 89
                          21 QB T Green KC 5 88
                          22 QB M Hasselbeck SEA 8 86
                          23 RB J Lewis BAL 3 85
                          24 RB K Jones DET 3 83
                          25 RB L Jordan OAK 5 83
                          26 RB C Dillon NE 7 81
                          27 QB K Collins OAK 5 79
                          28 QB A Brooks NO 10 77
                          29 RB T Bell * DEN 9 76
                          30 RB C Martin NYJ 8 75
                          31 WR J Walker GB 6 75
                          32 RB S Jackson STL 9 73
                          33 WR T Holt STL 9 73
                          34 RB D Foster * CAR 7 73
                          35 RB T Jones CHI 4 73
                          36 WR R Wayne IND 8 67
                          37 QB C Palmer * CIN 10 64
                          38 RB T Henry TEN 10 63
                          39 WR C Johnson CIN 10 63
                          40 RB R Williams MIA 4 62
                          41 RB C Brown TEN 10 61
                          42 RB B Westbrook PHI 6 61
                          43 WR A Johnson HOU 3 59
                          44 RB F Taylor JAX 7 59
                          45 RB K Barlow SF 6 59
                          46 TE T Gonzalez KC 5 59
                          47 WR T Owens PHI 6 57
                          48 RB M Bennett MIN 5 57
                          49 RB R Brown MIA 4 57
                          50 WR D Bennett TEN 10 56
                          51 QB J Delhomme CAR 7 55
                          52 RB W Dunn ATL 8 55
                          53 QB T Brady NE 7 54
                          54 QB D Brees SD 10 54
                          55 WR J Horn NO 10 52
                          56 TE A Gates SD 10 51
                          57 WR N Burleson * MIN 5 49
                          58 QB M Vick ATL 8 46
                          59 RB L Suggs * CLE 4 46
                          60 QB B Griese * TB 7 46
                          61 RB D Staley PIT 4 45
                          62 QB E Manning NYG 5 43
                          63 RB C Williams TB 7 42
                          64 WR R Williams * DET 3 41
                          65 RB J Arrington ARZ 6 41
                          66 RB T Duckett ATL 8 41
                          67 WR D Driver GB 6 39
                          68 WR M Clayton TB 7 37
                          69 WR B Stokley IND 8 37
                          70 RB B Jacobs NYG 5 36
                          71 WR H Ward PIT 4 35
                          72 WR A Boldin ARZ 6 35
                          73 TE A Crumpler ATL 8 35
                          74 RB M Anderson DEN 9 34
                          75 TE T Heap BAL 3 34
                          76 QB C Pennington NYJ 8 33
                          77 WR D Jackson SEA 8 33
                          78 RB L Johnson KC 5 33
                          79 RB C Buckhalter PHI 6 33
                          80 WR S Smith * CAR 7 32
                          and you can take that to the bank
                          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BlueBrained@Aug 23 2005, 10:05 AM
                            1 QB P Manning IND 8 174
                            2 RB L Tomlinson SD 10 163
                            3 RB S Alexander SEA 8 155
                            4 RB W McGahee BUF 9 127
                            5 QB D Culpepper MIN 5 125
                            6 RB E James IND 8 123
                            7 RB D McAllister NO 10 115
                            8 RB P Holmes KC 5 113
                            9 QB D McNabb PHI 6 112
                            10 RB A Green GB 6 109
                            11 RB C Portis WAS 3 109
                            12 WR R Moss OAK 5 103
                            13 RB T Barber NYG 5 102
                            14 RB D Davis HOU 3 101
                            15 QB M Bulger STL 9 96
                            16 RB R Johnson CIN 10 93
                            17 QB B Favre GB 6 91
                            18 QB J Plummer DEN 9 90
                            19 RB J Jones DAL 9 90
                            20 WR M Harrison IND 8 89
                            21 QB T Green KC 5 88
                            22 QB M Hasselbeck SEA 8 86
                            23 RB J Lewis BAL 3 85
                            24 RB K Jones DET 3 83
                            25 RB L Jordan OAK 5 83
                            26 RB C Dillon NE 7 81
                            27 QB K Collins OAK 5 79
                            28 QB A Brooks NO 10 77
                            29 RB T Bell * DEN 9 76
                            30 RB C Martin NYJ 8 75
                            31 WR J Walker GB 6 75
                            32 RB S Jackson STL 9 73
                            33 WR T Holt STL 9 73
                            34 RB D Foster * CAR 7 73
                            35 RB T Jones CHI 4 73
                            36 WR R Wayne IND 8 67
                            37 QB C Palmer * CIN 10 64
                            38 RB T Henry TEN 10 63
                            39 WR C Johnson CIN 10 63
                            40 RB R Williams MIA 4 62
                            41 RB C Brown TEN 10 61
                            42 RB B Westbrook PHI 6 61
                            43 WR A Johnson HOU 3 59
                            44 RB F Taylor JAX 7 59
                            45 RB K Barlow SF 6 59
                            46 TE T Gonzalez KC 5 59
                            47 WR T Owens PHI 6 57
                            48 RB M Bennett MIN 5 57
                            49 RB R Brown MIA 4 57
                            50 WR D Bennett TEN 10 56
                            51 QB J Delhomme CAR 7 55
                            52 RB W Dunn ATL 8 55
                            53 QB T Brady NE 7 54
                            54 QB D Brees SD 10 54
                            55 WR J Horn NO 10 52
                            56 TE A Gates SD 10 51
                            57 WR N Burleson * MIN 5 49
                            58 QB M Vick ATL 8 46
                            59 RB L Suggs * CLE 4 46
                            60 QB B Griese * TB 7 46
                            61 RB D Staley PIT 4 45
                            62 QB E Manning NYG 5 43
                            63 RB C Williams TB 7 42
                            64 WR R Williams * DET 3 41
                            65 RB J Arrington ARZ 6 41
                            66 RB T Duckett ATL 8 41
                            67 WR D Driver GB 6 39
                            68 WR M Clayton TB 7 37
                            69 WR B Stokley IND 8 37
                            70 RB B Jacobs NYG 5 36
                            71 WR H Ward PIT 4 35
                            72 WR A Boldin ARZ 6 35
                            73 TE A Crumpler ATL 8 35
                            74 RB M Anderson DEN 9 34
                            75 TE T Heap BAL 3 34
                            76 QB C Pennington NYJ 8 33
                            77 WR D Jackson SEA 8 33
                            78 RB L Johnson KC 5 33
                            79 RB C Buckhalter PHI 6 33
                            80 WR S Smith * CAR 7 32
                            What is the source?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tigernumbe+Aug 23 2005, 11:08 AM-->
                              QUOTE(tigernumbe @ Aug 23 2005, 11:08 AM)
                            Working...
                            X