Cards doctors/Paletta, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cards doctors/Paletta, etc.

Is it just me, or is something weird going on? Paletta is on the way out as team doctor, right? And now the Reds' team doctor is "assisting" him with Rolen's surgery...

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like there's a story somewhere that we're not hearing.

Anybody know more than I do about this?

"Abby something."

Moon

Comment

Patella shouldn't even be in the operating room. I'd like Rolen to resume his career in St. Louis as something other than a beer vendor.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by backstop@Aug 22 2005, 02:05 PM
        Is it just me, or is something weird going on? Paletta is on the way out as team doctor, right? And now the Reds' team doctor is "assisting" him with Rolen's surgery...

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like there's a story somewhere that we're not hearing.

Anybody know more than I do about this?
        Paletta is still a "medical consultant" to the Cardinals and maybe Rolen feels better with him performing the operation than the new doc since Paletta's been the only doc Rolen has known in St. Louis.

As for the Reds doc assisting, Rolen went to him for a second opinion, and he also said that surgery was unavoidable. It's not unheard of for players to get a second opinion from a different team's doctor.

Comment

Right, but what I'm wondering about is exactly why Paletta will no longer be the team doctor, or whatever. Seems obvious that somebody is unhappy with him for something, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by backstop@Aug 22 2005, 02:19 PM
            Right, but what I'm wondering about is exactly why Paletta will no longer be the team doctor, or whatever. Seems obvious that somebody is unhappy with him for something, doesn't it?
            He went into private practice, nothing sinister...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by backstop@Aug 22 2005, 02:19 PM
              The public reason why he is leaving is because he's going to start up his own practice.

Comment

I thought he was going to be doing some private practice stuff...or more of it...and that's why he and the Cards decided to part ways kinda.
                Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Yeah, well, you guys probably believe that a plane actually hit the Pentagon, too.

Comment

If you read between the lines you can clearly see that DeWitt is going to purchase the Reds and then merge the Cardinals and the Reds in order to economize on orthopedic expenses.
                    Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by *007*+Aug 22 2005, 02:20 PM-->
                      QUOTE(*007* @ Aug 22 2005, 02:20 PM)

Originally posted by backstop@Aug 22 2005, 02:22 PM
                      Yeah, well, you guys probably believe that a plane actually hit the Pentagon, too.
                      Absolutely not!

It was a missle.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic+Aug 22 2005, 02:23 PM-->
                        QUOTE(Celtic @ Aug 22 2005, 02:23 PM)
                        Originally posted by *007*@Aug 22 2005, 02:20 PM

yeah.

I don't know and the team doctor thing doesn't really make me that concerned. all of them do the same thing...put a guy back together long enough for a team to get the most out of him and then when he retires he can be in all the pain that was procrastinated. Like L-Wal...
                        Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by backstop@Aug 22 2005, 02:22 PM
                          didn't the Cardinals hire the guy the Blues fired? I don't remember....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
                          X