Synthesizer innovator Moog dies at 71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synthesizer innovator Moog dies at 71

Everyone please stand and bow your heads for a moment of Low Frequency Oscillation.

RALEIGH, North Carolina (AP) -- Robert A. Moog, whose self-named synthesizers turned electric currents into sound and opened the musical wave that became electronica, has died. He was 71.
    Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Originally posted by dredbyrd@Aug 22 2005, 09:48 AM
    Everyone please stand and bow your heads for a moment of Low Frequency Oscillation.

RALEIGH, North Carolina (AP) -- Robert A. Moog, whose self-named synthesizers turned electric currents into sound and opened the musical wave that became electronica, has died. He was 71.
    somewhere Keith Emerson and the members of Stereolab are weeping.

Comment

I had a moog synthesizer in the seventies for a while. On the third cut of my Gibraltar album, "Reason to Be", I hold a low "A" and turn a knob which causes the note to cover about five octaves while a repeating guitar lick is played and the drums and bass come in. I gave a copy to Skippy, in hopes that it would somehow be used as bumper music somewhere some day----right after I made disparaging remarks about Nascar.

I hated "Lucky Man". Both because of the shitty music, and because of my service in Vietnam.
      v

Comment

Working...
      X