Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got My Last Kid Off To School Today . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got My Last Kid Off To School Today . . .

My youngest started kindergarten today. 13 more years and my wife and I can reclaim the house as our own.
    "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Originally posted by FAR52@Aug 22 2005, 07:39 AM
    My youngest started kindergarten today. 13 more years and my wife and I can reclaim the house as our own.
    And then, 6 1/2 years later they will move home to live in the basement, smoke dope, and deliver Chinese food.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by FAR52@Aug 22 2005, 08:39 AM
      Congrats! Any crying?

The clock has started!

Comment

manchester seemed too calm today. did kirkwood start today or is it tomorrow?
        Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Aug 22 2005, 08:52 AM
          manchester seemed too calm today. did kirkwood start today or is it tomorrow?
          Tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote+Aug 22 2005, 07:44 AM-->
            QUOTE(pgrote @ Aug 22 2005, 07:44 AM)

Originally posted by FAR52@Aug 22 2005, 08:39 AM
            Mine did too. I had to console my crying wife as we walked away from the bus stop.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote+Aug 22 2005, 09:00 AM-->
              QUOTE(pgrote @ Aug 22 2005, 09:00 AM)

Originally posted by Lois Lane+Aug 22 2005, 09:38 AM-->
              QUOTE(Lois Lane @ Aug 22 2005, 09:38 AM)
              Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2005, 09:00 AM

My youngest boy went down to Columbia yesterday. 3 empty bedrooms here now. Now I can clean up the basement and throw all the hidden bear cans out.

Thank God my two younger daughters are still home. They started school today and this place is too quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by DaLode@Aug 22 2005, 12:49 PM
                My youngest boy went down to Columbia yesterday. 3 empty bedrooms here now. Now I can clean up the basement and throw all the hidden bear cans out.

Thank God my two younger daughters are still home. They started school today and this place is too quiet.
                drink a lot of that do they?

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

I remember how excited I was to go to school as kid for that first day. I was becoming a 'big kid'.

It was about a week before the first time I told my Mom, 'Mom - I don't want to go school today'.

I can vaguely recall her response after a short argument..

'You have two choices...go to school without any belly aching...or get a butt whippin and go to school anyway'

Back in those you didn't have to go to Kindergarten. The school had kicked me out because I refused to obey the teacher and was disruptive. I guess I was a minature rebel.

So, when they put me 1st grade, my Mom warned me that I had to mind the teacher and if I didn't....I'd get a butt whippin everyday until I did.

I was telling someone last week at work...that last day before my 1st day of 1st grade...was my last day of true freedom. Every day since then (except vacations) I've HAD to be somewhere

Congrats FAR...they sure grow up fast.
                  Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Mine's only aout a month old.....How old did you say they had to be when they started pre-school? Oh, and do they make "boarding pre-schools"?

Comment

Originally posted by Lois Lane+Aug 22 2005, 08:38 AM-->
                      QUOTE(Lois Lane @ Aug 22 2005, 08:38 AM)
                      Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2005, 09:00 AM

Originally posted by Gracie@Aug 22 2005, 11:25 PM
                      I hear ya, Lois. I cried when Kid 1 started 1st grade and I've already cried thinking about Kid 2 starting 1st grade next week. It's sad when you realize their teachers see them more hours of the day than you do...

...even when they're at each others' throats like they were today!!
                      Well I didn't cry this morning, but I could have. He went right on into the school. He knew right where his room was and hung up his backpack on the hook and waved good-bye to me. I weaseled a hug out of him, but no way I was getting a kiss when everyone was looking. I guess he's officially not a baby anymore now that he's started first grade.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                      Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                      Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                      NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                      LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

Working...
                      X