Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardinals GDT 8/22 Birds vs Buccs

Mulder and night game = V

Time to get my revenge against those Scurvy F'rs.
    Time for change

What's your GDT record?

Comment

Originally posted by GloveSaveandaBeauty@Aug 22 2005, 03:23 AM
      What's your GDT record?
      bookmark it
      Sponsor of:
      Brian Elliott
      Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
      5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Thanks, pal.

Comment

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
          Sunday, August 21, 2005

Cardinals second baseman Mark Grudzielanek was hospitalized overnight with a knee infection and will not travel with the Cardinals for the start of a four-game series with the Pittsburgh Pirates, the Associated Press reports. Grudzielanek already had an injury to his left knee, but it became worse Saturday when he slid safely home on a squeeze play during the Cardinals' 4-2 win over the Giants
          Sponsor of:
          Brian Elliott
          Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
          5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by Guppy@Aug 22 2005, 03:34 AM
            by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
            Sunday, August 21, 2005

Cardinals second baseman Mark Grudzielanek was hospitalized overnight with a knee infection and will not travel with the Cardinals for the start of a four-game series with the Pittsburgh Pirates, the Associated Press reports. Grudzielanek already had an injury to his left knee, but it became worse Saturday when he slid safely home on a squeeze play during the Cardinals' 4-2 win over the Giants
            Fucking La Russa and his squeeze plays. <_<

Comment

Yadier Molina does not tolerate high seas chicanery.
              The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

Nice uniforms...

I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Stuff to know about the Pirates:

Jack Wilson’s defensive rankings at shortstop: Fielding percentage – 3rd (.9819, behind Omar Vizquel’s .990 and Adam Everett’s .9821); Range Factor – 2nd (5.16, behind Rafael Furcal’s 5.40 – they are the only 2 shortstops over 5.00); and Zone Rating – tied for first at .879 (with Nefi Perez). Fielding stats are a shaky proposition at best, but when you’re near the very top in all of them, you’re probably doing something right. He’s not hitting much lately – just three hits (all singles) in his last 20 ABs (.150).

Left fielder Jason Bay has yet to commit an error – he is the NL’s only qualifying LF without an error. He is also 14-0 in stolen bases so far this year.

Catcher Humberto Cota has been in the deepest 2nd half slump. Since the All-Star break, he is hitting just .195 (15-77) with 27 strikeouts. Whiffs have been a theme for Humberto this season. He now has 68 of them in just 240 at bats.

Humberto has been steadily losing playing time to a rookie named Ryan Doumit. Ryan’s average is up to .255 now after a very hot August. He’s hitting .439 this month (18-41), with a homer and 10 RBIs.

In the first nine games between these teams, the Cardinals have a slight edge in batting average: .296 - .209. The Cardinals have won 7 of the 9.

The Pirates are starting to swing the bats better, though. They are hitting .285 for the first 19 games in August, and have scored 107 runs this month. Pittsburgh is 9-10 so far in August.

Closer Jose Mesa hasn’t pitched since August 18 – his last previous appearance was August 13. He has pitched in only 6 games this month, and is unscored on in his 5.2 innings.
                  This game's gotta be played with fear and arrogance - Crash Davis

Comment

Jose Mesa es mui feo...

Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_w@Aug 22 2005, 02:36 PM
                      In the first nine games between these teams, the Cardinals have a slight edge in batting average: .296 - .209.
                      That's some slight edge
                      Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
                      Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
                      There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
                      "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
                      "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Originally posted by Tazlaz+Aug 22 2005, 03:22 PM-->
                        QUOTE(Tazlaz @ Aug 22 2005, 03:22 PM)

Originally posted by bcruise+Aug 22 2005, 04:40 PM-->
                        QUOTE(bcruise @ Aug 22 2005, 04:40 PM)
                        Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2005, 03:22 PM

FTR, this is a 6:05 start in StL. 7:05 EDT
                        Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
                        Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
                        There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
                        "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
                        "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Originally posted by JWB+Aug 22 2005, 04:41 PM-->
                          QUOTE(JWB @ Aug 22 2005, 04:41 PM)
                          Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2005, 04:40 PM
                          Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2005, 03:22 PM
                        Working...
                        X