Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent tells his side of the story

Jeff Kent vs. Milton "I'm no Angel, either" Bradley

That Jeff Kent, what a prick. Maybe he should STFU.

I guess his fight with Barry was his fault.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

or maybe Milton Bradley is really a jackass who needs to play harder.

Comment

Originally posted by KingofSpades@Aug 21 2005, 04:15 PM
      or maybe Milton Bradley is really a jackass who needs to play harder.

agreed, but sometimes you can't fix stupid.

More importantly, what happens in the lockerroom should stay in the lockerroom.

Comment

So you think anyone from SF will get on Moises after today's game?
        Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Aug 21 2005, 04:46 PM
          So you think anyone from SF will get on Moises after today's game?
          No, I don't think any of those brain dead caribbeans are capable of being that kind of leader.

Comment

It does kind of make you wonder if Kent would have been upset if Bradley hadn't scored on somebody else's hit. I'm sure the fact that Kent didn't get an RBI had NOTHING to do with it.
            "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
            --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Aug 21 2005, 05:50 PM
              It does kind of make you wonder if Kent would have been upset if Bradley hadn't scored on somebody else's hit. I'm sure the fact that Kent didn't get an RBI had NOTHING to do with it.
              excellent point
              Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Kent just doesn't have a good track record with teammates. He wasn't very liked in the Astros clubhouse either which is saying quite a bit since there are hardly any issues in the Astros clubhouse. Even Carl Everett who has had issues everywhere he has played was more accepted than Kent.

Comment

maybe there are more jerks in MLB than we realize?

Comment

Much of this also starts with the manager. For instance, we never hear of incidents like this coming out of TLR's or Cox's clubhouse, do we. Even in Houston, where the Garner is still relatively new, but where solid, veteran leadership is their guiding foundation for all of their success. And although Tracy is generally regarded as a "good baseball man," his teams typically underachieve given the level of talent on their roster -- so much so, in fact, that he may be led to the door (according to speculation) if the Dodgers don't see post season play this year.
                    "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

I think Kent made a rational response for once.

I think he's right.
                      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Working...
                      X