Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monthly Cubs alert!

Cubs are only 18 games out.

I'm telling you, this thing isn't over. They'd be really tough in a short series. When they get Nomar back, look out.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

But only 5.5 out of a Wild Card spot
    (behind 7 other teams)
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Aug 21 2005, 10:20 AM
      But only 5.5 out of a Wild Card spot
      (behind 7 other teams)
      No need to worry, the WC is in the bag.

Comment

I'm officially worried.
        Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

All jokes aside, they ARE only 5.5 games out in the WC race despite having to leap frog 6 other teams. And none of those teams is tearing it up of late...which is to say Chicago is playing as well as any other vying for the WC position.

I believe Florida (with that rotation and adequate offense) is the team to beat.

Most posting here fear Philly.

But, Chicago should not be totally ignored just yet. Zambrano and Prior have been really strong of late, Maddux is holding his own, and Wood is unscored upon coming from the pen. Theirs is a tall order, but nothing should be totally taken for granted despite their horrid history, and our hatred of them.

Not to mention they've thoroughly spanked our asses this year, injuries or no injuries.

Just saying.
          "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Way too many teams to pass.
            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Aug 21 2005, 10:56 AM
              Way too many teams to pass.
              I agree in theory.

But....anything can and has happened in this glorious game.
              "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by slow groove+Aug 21 2005, 11:57 AM-->
                QUOTE(slow groove @ Aug 21 2005, 11:57 AM)

Yes, but these are the Cubs.

This is the team that last year, when they were leading the Central, once the Cardinals put some heat on them, they collapsed like a house of cards. When they were well out of the NL Central race, they started playing well again, and led the Wildcard. Until Houston started putting some heat on them, and the collapsed again.

This team doesn't seem to handle pressure situations well. Which is why they played so well against the Cards - it was a game they could 'get up' for, *and* it didn't mean anything, because at best, they'd still be 15 games back.

The Cubs haven't done well in a pressure situation since they beat Atlanta in the playoffs in 2003.
                Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Aug 21 2005, 11:15 AM
                  Cubs are only 18 games out.

I'm telling you, this thing isn't over. They'd be really tough in a short series. When they get Nomar back, look out.
                  Nomar IS back, but his back is not back. Once his back is back to normal, the Cubs will be back in the WC hunt.

Comment

Working...
                  X