fan. It pains me to see these folks go through this misery with
          their baseball team.

It's the curse of Don Denkinger!

Dick Howser, DEAD!
          Bo Jackson, crippled
          Owner Ewing Kauffman, DEAD
          Every Royals team/management since, in shambles

Comment

The A's just lost the game, plain and simple. They had so many chances to win the game, but they blew it. Good thing too. I thought Buddy Bell was going to cry in the 8th inning.

Go Royals! If they keep it up, they might even win 40 games this season.

BTW, at this pace, how many games will the Cardinals win? 108 or something?

Comment

Originally posted by ksbluesfan@Aug 21 2005, 08:51 AM
              The A's just lost the game, plain and simple. They had so many chances to win the game, but they blew it. Good thing too. I thought Buddy Bell was going to cry in the 8th inning.

The Royals are so sad, they could offer LaRussa $12 Million per season (half of team payroll), plus $2Mil. annually to ARF, and he still wouldn't go there.

He'd go to Pittsburgh first.

Comment

Originally posted by ksbluesfan@Aug 21 2005, 09:51 AM

Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
                Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
                There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
                "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
                "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

so when does the next streak start?
                  Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Aug 21 2005, 09:59 AM
                    so when does the next streak start?
                    when does their next game start?
                    Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
                    Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
                    There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
                    "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
                    "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Originally posted by Tazlaz+Aug 21 2005, 10:03 AM-->
                      QUOTE(Tazlaz @ Aug 21 2005, 10:03 AM)

They really aren't that bad. I know it's hard to believe, but they aren't. They make a lot of bad mental errors that rookies are prone to make because the team is so young. But they will grow out of it. The biggest risk is that they'll ruin all of their promising young players to shell-shock.

Three of their pitchers had or have a bad dose of shell-shock. MacDougal had it so bad, it took him getting demoted to AA to get his act together. When his head is in the game, he looks like he should be closing for the White Sox instead. Affeldt is struggling now, but he was outstanding a couple of years ago. Grienke can't win a game to save his soul, but he'd be a starter on most teams. A couple of months ago, they said only Clemens was getting less run support as a starter.

If they stay the course and don't burn-out their young players, they might win the division in a few years. That's not saying much though. The White Sox are on top now, but that won't last. The Twins were great for a while too. This is a division that is usually worse than the NL West.

Comment

I think they are far from a division title. they just trade away people who might ask for money some day. they might keep one guy like a sweeney type, but that's it.
                        Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Aug 21 2005, 10:31 AM
                          I think they are far from a division title. they just trade away people who might ask for money some day. they might keep one guy like a sweeney type, but that's it.
                          They only trade away guys who are up for a new contract. That's what happened with Beltran and a whole string of good players before him. Most of the players are very young and under contract for several more years. If they hold the course, they just might be able to time it right. That's a big "if".

With Allard Baird in control, it's doubtful that they will stay the course. He tends to get over-eager. But there's a very good chance that he'll be fired after this season.

Comment

where and when is the parade?
                            Sponsor of:
                            Brian Elliott
                            Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                            5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Working...
                            X