Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Costas refuses to do show...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bob Costas refuses to do show...

    Pardon me while I stand up, and applaud.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050819/...v_costas_walks

  • #2
    He's one of the very few broadcasters I have respect for these days.
    *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

    Comment


    • #3
      awesome. costas can pretty much call his own shots, good for him.



      also he makes Larry Kings show about 1000% better. how does this guy not have sme high profile permenant interview show.

      Comment


      • #4
        i don't think he declined because he felt the subject had been talked about enough already as some people seem to think. i think he declined because he's not known for this type of discussion. i mean when you think of a murder myster, you don't automatically think Bob Costas. Notice that it was a mutual decision made by CNN as well. also his kids are probably about the same age as halloways, so it could be a personal issue as well.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by fountain16@Aug 20 2005, 01:54 AM
          awesome. costas can pretty much call his own shots, good for him.



          also he makes Larry Kings show about 1000% better. how does this guy not have sme high profile permenant interview show.
          The 1 a.m. show he used to do in the nineties had some of the greatest interviews in the history of tv. They were done his way--just great.
          v


          Comment


          • #6
            Costas might be the best there is right now.
            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kjoe@Aug 20 2005, 03:28 AM
              The 1 a.m. show he used to do in the nineties had some of the greatest interviews in the history of tv. They were done his way--just great.
              ++

              Came on after Letterman. Great show.

              I've been a fan of little Bobby forever, like most here. At times he's been a bit overexposed (Olympic years), but no one out there can do what he does.
              But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??
              ...

              Comment


              • #8
                Good on you, Bob.
                Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

                "This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Fred Garvin+Aug 20 2005, 07:47 AM-->
                  QUOTE(Fred Garvin @ Aug 20 2005, 07:47 AM)

                • #10
                  Originally posted by MsFunkay@Aug 20 2005, 12:23 AM
                  i don't think he declined because he felt the subject had been talked about enough already as some people seem to think. i think he declined because he's not known for this type of discussion. i mean when you think of a murder myster, you don't automatically think Bob Costas. Notice that it was a mutual decision made by CNN as well. also his kids are probably about the same age as halloways, so it could be a personal issue as well.

                  He was the guest host of Larry King. He did this out of principle not style.
                  Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Larry King is a twit.
                    Make America Great For Once.

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by dhaab@Aug 20 2005, 12:24 AM
                      He's one of the very few broadcasters I have respect for these days.

                      Could this statement be any more arrogant?

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by MrGuest+Aug 20 2005, 10:33 AM-->
                        QUOTE(MrGuest @ Aug 20 2005, 10:33 AM)

                      • #14
                        Originally posted by MrGuest+Aug 20 2005, 07:33 AM-->
                        QUOTE(MrGuest @ Aug 20 2005, 07:33 AM)

                      • #15
                        Originally posted by MrGuest+Aug 20 2005, 10:33 AM-->
                        QUOTE(MrGuest @ Aug 20 2005, 10:33 AM)
                      Working...
                      X