White Stripes at the Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Stripes at the Fox

I'm debating on whether or not I'm going. I have great seats (third row from the stage), but I have so little time at home anymore that I'm thinking about trying to sell the ticket and go home after my show. Plus, I've sort of reached the age where being surrounded by a bunch of screaming teenagers does little for me. Any suggestions?
    The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Originally posted by skippy05@Aug 19 2005, 09:52 PM
    I'm debating on whether or not I'm going. I have great seats (third row from the stage), but I have so little time at home anymore that I'm thinking about trying to sell the ticket and go home after my show. Plus, I've sort of reached the age where being surrounded by a bunch of screaming teenagers does little for me. Any suggestions?
    1) is it sold out?
    2) if it is, sell the ticket on ebay....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by *007*+Aug 19 2005, 09:54 PM-->
      QUOTE(*007* @ Aug 19 2005, 09:54 PM)

Plenty of time to ebay it...two day auction and nail them on the shipping l

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I remember seeing the White Stripes at the Creepy Crawl... they opened for the Greenhorns in 1998.

I have a tour T-Shirt.

I also saw the White Stripes with the Flaming Lips in Chicago this past Near Year's Eve... I'll sell that merch, too.

Who's buyin'?

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

white stripes...more like the hype stripes.

they blow.

Comment

Originally posted by fountain16@Aug 20 2005, 01:51 AM
            white stripes...more like the hype stripes.

they blow.
            Don't kill my eBay sales.

I've got a pristine t-shirt from '98!

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated+Aug 20 2005, 12:55 AM-->
              QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Aug 20 2005, 12:55 AM)

Originally posted by fountain16+Aug 20 2005, 01:58 AM-->
              QUOTE(fountain16 @ Aug 20 2005, 01:58 AM)
              Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2005, 12:55 AM

Pass...they suck
              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Damon@Aug 20 2005, 03:44 PM
                Pass...they suck
                I actually dig them, but at this point, I would rather have the extra hour or so with my kids then be around a bunch of vapid teenagers and not get home until around midnight and have to work the next day...

Jebus, I'm old...

Comment

I went to this show last night, and I thought it was great.

The white stripes have a lot of great songs, their set was beautiful, and the fox was really the perfect venue for them. Big, Big, Crowd there.

It was pretty cool watching Jack White stumble around stage trying to decide what song he wanted to play next. He had about 5 guitars, a piano, a keyboard, a marimba (arabian xylophone), and a small hawaian ukelele. He would go back and forth between the instruments, pick one up, and start playing a song. Meg, Jack's ex-wife and the only other person in the band, would start playing the drums as soon as she figured out what song Jack was launching into. Very cool watching them interact with each other.

Now I am a big White Stripes fan going in, and I'm sure I'm not the only one on this board who is. There where people of all ages and from all walks of life in attendance. Im surprised that the $40 price tag didnt scare more people off-- but those that came, where no doubt happy that they did. The headliners played about a 50 minute set, followed by a 35 minute encore. The opening band, the Greenhornes, were decent altho nothing spectacular.

Some highlights from the White Stripes Set:
                  - The folkish sing-a-long "Little Ghost"
                  - The extremely hard rocking "Red Rain"
                  - The poppy hit "Hotel Yorba"
                  - and when Jack started off the encore singing by himself, "You've got her in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by mcdao@Aug 25 2005, 09:54 AM
                    I went to this show last night, and I thought it was great.

The white stripes have a lot of great songs, their set was beautiful, and the fox was really the perfect venue for them. Big, Big, Crowd there.

It was pretty cool watching Jack White stumble around stage trying to decide what song he wanted to play next. He had about 5 guitars, a piano, a keyboard, a marimba (arabian xylophone), and a small hawaian ukelele. He would go back and forth between the instruments, pick one up, and start playing a song. Meg, Jack's ex-wife and the only other person in the band, would start playing the drums as soon as she figured out what song Jack was launching into. Very cool watching them interact with each other.

Now I am a big White Stripes fan going in, and I'm sure I'm not the only one on this board who is. There where people of all ages and from all walks of life in attendance. Im surprised that the $40 price tag didnt scare more people off-- but those that came, where no doubt happy that they did. The headliners played about a 50 minute set, followed by a 35 minute encore. The opening band, the Greenhornes, were decent altho nothing spectacular.

Some highlights from the White Stripes Set:
                    - The folkish sing-a-long "Little Ghost"
                    - The extremely hard rocking "Red Rain"
                    - The poppy hit "Hotel Yorba"
                    - and when Jack started off the encore singing by himself, "You've got her in your pocket"
                    That figures...I ended up not going and couldn't find anyone to take the tix, so two third-row seats went to waste...ah, well...

Comment

I went as well.

Fucking great show. He rocks his ass off up there.

Little disappointed the show ended at 1030 though.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                      -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1@Aug 25 2005, 02:04 PM
                        I went as well.

Fucking great show. He rocks his ass off up there.

Little disappointed the show ended at 1030 though.
                        wow, the Brian Wilson show at the American actually ended later!?
                        I didn't get out of there until almost 11pm.

Comment

Working...
                        X