Where would you live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would you live

You're single (but looking), in your 30s, and ready for a change of pace. The scene where you live is old. Whenever you go out, you meet the same people. Most of the people you know are married and have kids. You have a decent job as a drug rep for a major pharmaceuticals company. You would like to live in a top 50 market where the cost of living is similar to St. Louis. You'd like to live in a city that is good for single people.

Where would you move?

Kansas City is a great place to raise a family. If you're married by 30, it's not bad. But if you're over 30 and single, it's awful. It is always ranked the worst place to live for single people. St. Louis is a little better, but not much.

Baltimore, Jacksonville, Detroit (ugh), Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Memphis, El Paso, Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio are fairly close to St. Louis and Kansas City in cost of living.

1. Saratoga Springs, NY
    2. San Diego, California
    3. Ocala, Fla.
    4. Tallahassee, Fla.
    5. London
    June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by ksbluesfan@Aug 19 2005, 07:43 PM
      You're single (but looking), in your 30s, and ready for a change of pace. The scene where you live is old. Whenever you go out, you meet the same people. Most of the people you know are married and have kids. You have a decent job as a drug rep for a major pharmaceuticals company. You would like to live in a top 50 market where the cost of living is similar to St. Louis. You'd like to live in a city that is good for single people.

Where would you move?

Kansas City is a great place to raise a family. If you're married by 30, it's not bad. But if you're over 30 and single, it's awful. It is always ranked the worst place to live for single people. St. Louis is a little better, but not much.

Baltimore, Jacksonville, Detroit (ugh), Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Memphis, El Paso, Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio are fairly close to St. Louis and Kansas City in cost of living.
      Is this autobiographical?

And if I had a choice (SOL not a hindrance): Scottsdale, AZ; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA; Seattle-area, WA; Toronto, ONT; and Gallway, IRE...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Dallas.

Cost of living is very close to St. Louis.

Although I don't have one yet, you can get a good deal on a house...

It's fantastic down here.

Oh, I'm single and 32.
        " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Originally posted by _STLfan_in_DFW@Aug 19 2005, 06:49 PM
          Dallas.

Cost of living is very close to St. Louis.

Although I don't have one yet, you can get a good deal on a house...

It's fantastic down here.
          I'll agree with that. I lived in Coppell for two years and really liked it. I'll also agree that my pick of London is outside the USA.

Comment

Oh, in the USA...scrap the foreign ones...

Columbus, OH intrigues me as does South Carolina, Denver, CO and Minneapolis, MN for some strange reason...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Anyone who visited Davidson, North Carolina would love it. Austin, Texas has some nice things to recommend about it. Nashville, Tennessee is a well kept secret.

Comment

Portland is nice, but small-ish. Minneapolis is fantastic (except for November-March). I like St. Louis. New York and Washington DC are great fun.
                The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

Originally posted by gibsongirl@Aug 19 2005, 06:53 PM
                  Portland is nice, but small-ish. Minneapolis is fantastic (except for November-March). I like St. Louis. New York and Washington DC are great fun.
                  I'm going to Washington next weekend. I haven't been there in eons. I'm torn between going to both Card games and ditching one game to go to the Smithsonian, etc. What would you do?

Comment

Originally posted by *007*@Aug 19 2005, 07:51 PM
                    Oh, in the USA...scrap the foreign ones...

Columbus, OH intrigues me as does South Carolina, Denver, CO and Minneapolis, MN for some strange reason...

Columbus is actually a nice city...I had a very casual relationship with a girl there quite a few years back...visited it a couple of times...not bad...
                    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Originally posted by _STLfan_in_DFW+Aug 19 2005, 06:55 PM-->
                      QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Aug 19 2005, 06:55 PM)

Originally posted by tallahassee blues fan+Aug 19 2005, 07:54 PM-->
                      QUOTE(tallahassee blues fan @ Aug 19 2005, 07:54 PM)

Originally posted by tallahassee blues fan+Aug 19 2005, 07:56 PM-->
                      QUOTE(tallahassee blues fan @ Aug 19 2005, 07:56 PM)
                      Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2005, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by _STLfan_in_DFW+Aug 19 2005, 07:56 PM-->
                      QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Aug 19 2005, 07:56 PM)
                      Originally posted by tallahassee blues [email protected] 19 2005, 07:54 PM

Originally posted by _STLfan_in_DFW+Aug 19 2005, 06:57 PM-->
                      QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Aug 19 2005, 06:57 PM)
                      Originally posted by tallahassee blues [email protected] 19 2005, 07:56 PM
                      Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2005, 06:55 PM
                    Working...
                    X