• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Women Want

From Monsters and Critics.com
    Playgirl survey says what women want
    By UPI
    Aug 16, 2005, 19:00 GMT

NEW YORK, NY, United States (UPI) -- A survey of 2,000 Playgirl readers indicates U.S. women like their men "a little rough around the edges."

The survey to determine what it is women really want in a mate found 58 percent preferred a slightly sexy build while a surprising 42 percent said love handles were "kind of sexy," Playgirl said in a news release Tuesday.

Fifty-one percent of the women said "ugh" to chest hair, but 47 percent said "a little" is OK, Playgirl reports.

The metrosexuals -- so heralded just a couple of years ago -- are definitely out this year, with an overwhelming 73 percent saying they like their men a little rough around the edges. Only 4 percent told Playgirl the size of man`s wallet figures into affairs of the heart.

"This survey shows that the guy who`s most attractive to our readers is not your average Hollywood hunk or latest musical sensation," Playgirl Editor-in-Chief Jill Sieracki said. "In fact, it`s the average Joe who came up on top. Women are practical about their choices and they`re smart."
    Copyright 2005 by United Press International

© Copyright 2003 - 2005 by monstersandcritics.com.
    This notice cannot be removed without permission.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
    Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
    Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
    Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
    NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
    LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Only 4 percent told Playgirl the size of man`s wallet figures into affairs of the heart.
    I'll bet the three dollars in my wallet that 96 percent of them were lying.

Comment

Of course. All of these women just want a man with a sense of humor and a guy that just really knows how to have fun. Looks don't even matter.

Comment

nothing wrong with metro as long as the guy isn't an ahole. I have grown out of the wanting to date a complete jerk.
        Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

The metrosexuals -- so heralded just a couple of years ago -- are definitely out this year,
          Thank God. I can finally stop shaving my chest and legs.

Comment

I for one am not into "hairy" men. Backhair = nasty stuff, IMO.

I dont buy playgirl but if I were to, I wouldnt wanna see "average" men in ther.

Comment

All of these women just want a man with a sense of humor and a guy that just really knows how to have fun. Looks don't even matter.
              Pretty much the case. A guy who's funny, smart, and doesn't look like Moon can pretty much get laid at will.

Oh -- and who occasionally pretends to listen to whatever insane shit she's spouting at a given moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Aug 19 2005, 04:01 PM
                All of these women just want a man with a sense of humor and a guy that just really knows how to have fun. Looks don't even matter.
                Pretty much the case. A guy who's funny, smart, and doesn't look like Moon can pretty much get laid at will.

Oh -- and who occasionally pretends to listen to whatever insane shit she's spouting at a given moment.

Looks matter to some of us.

Comment

Originally posted by #1 Jimmy fan+Aug 19 2005, 03:02 PM-->
                  QUOTE(#1 Jimmy fan @ Aug 19 2005, 03:02 PM)

Originally posted by #1 Jimmy fan@Aug 19 2005, 03:00 PM
                  Backhair = nasty stuff, IMO.
                  So so so gross, back hair.
                  The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Aug 19 2005, 02:57 PM
                    nothing wrong with metro as long as the guy isn't an ahole. I have grown out of the wanting to date a complete jerk.
                    The metro thing always bothered me. I don't think I could ever go out with a guy that spends more time getting dressed and ready than I do.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                    Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                    Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                    NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                    LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

Originally posted by TripMcNeely+Aug 19 2005, 04:03 PM-->
                      QUOTE(TripMcNeely @ Aug 19 2005, 04:03 PM)
                      Originally posted by #1 Jimmy [email protected] 19 2005, 03:02 PM

I'm poor, hairy and fat. Who wants to make out?

Comment

Originally posted by #1 Jimmy fan+Aug 19 2005, 03:04 PM-->
                        QUOTE(#1 Jimmy fan @ Aug 19 2005, 03:04 PM)
                        Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2005, 04:03 PM
                        Originally posted by #1 Jimmy [email protected] 19 2005, 03:02 PM

Originally posted by backstop@Aug 19 2005, 03:05 PM
                        I'm poor, hairy and fat. Who wants to make out?

Comment

Working...
                        X