Adam Dunn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Dunn

Thank Jebus that Walt didn't get him. He sucks. Not sure where he would even fit into this lineup.

.257 | 34 | 83

If that guy hits another solo home run, he should just quit baseball. Where are the RBIs?
    Dude. Can. Fly.

There's one number of interest you seem to have left out.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Aug 19 2005, 09:12 AM
      There's one number of interest you seem to have left out.
      His SOS?

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Aug 19 2005, 10:00 AM
        Thank Jebus that Walt didn't get him. He sucks. Not sure where he would even fit into this lineup.

.257 | 34 | 83

If that guy hits another solo home run, he should just quit baseball. Where are the RBIs?
        With runners on base this year, Dunn is hitting .262 with a .450 OBP and a .640 SLG. He's hit 18 of his 34 homers with men on, even though he has 50 more plate appearances with the bases empty.

By the way, both Dunn AND Albert have hit 16 solo homers this year. I'm just sayin.

Comment

Reggie doesn't like Dunn because he's white. plain and simple.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Who gives a shit about Dunn.

He strikes out way to much and he doesn't play good defense. He would be much more appealing if we didn't have a guy named Albert Pujols playin 1b. As we've seen over the years, great defense and pitching is what makes a team a World Series contender.

I'm not gonna sit and here say Dunn is a total piece of shit, but based on the way Walt and Tony have built teams, Dunn doesn't really fit at all and likely wasn't even a target. So get the fuck over it.
            You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

As we've seen over the years, great defense and pitching is what makes a team a World Series contender.
              If you say so.

Comment

Originally posted by kconn@Aug 19 2005, 08:27 AM
                As we've seen over the years, great defense and pitching is what makes a team a World Series contender.
                If you say so.
                are you disagreeing?
                You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

Yes.

Balance.

Comment

Screw Adam Dunn. We're getting Cliff Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by kconn@Aug 19 2005, 08:28 AM
                      Yes.

Balance.
                      Look at the Cardinals active roster right now, then look at their record and tell me why they have continued to be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Nasty Nate@Aug 19 2005, 09:26 AM

He strikes out way to much and he doesn't play good defense. He would be much more appealing if we didn't have a guy named Albert Pujols playin 1b. As we've seen over the years, great defense and pitching is what makes a team a World Series contender.

I'm not gonna sit and here say Dunn is a total piece of shit, but based on the way Walt and Tony have built teams, Dunn doesn't really fit at all and likely wasn't even a target. So get the fuck over it.

Actually, Dunn is a pretty solid defensive player at this point. He's really improved his defense over the past year or so. As a matter of fact, he's a better fielder than Sanders at this point in their careers.

And before you knock his strikeout numbers, keep in mind that he's only struck out 22 more times than Edmonds to this point....in playing 13 more games. He also has 13 more HR and 15 more RBIs. Offensively, he's as good if not better than Edmonds right now.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by Nasty Nate+Aug 19 2005, 09:34 AM-->
                          QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Aug 19 2005, 09:34 AM)

Originally posted by Nasty Nate+Aug 19 2005, 10:34 AM-->
                          QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Aug 19 2005, 10:34 AM)

Originally posted by Nasty Nate@Aug 19 2005, 08:26 AM

Relax, hero.
                          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Working...
                          X