I'm not the up and comer Dev is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not the up and comer Dev is

About a year ago, as I told a few of you, I decided to make a job change. I quit the sales job that I hated, and returned to the radio station where I used to work, and asked them to put me back on the morning show. They did, but only hired me as a part-timer to do the morning show.

In the meantime, I enrolled in some computer classes.

Last week, they hired me as their systems administrator, in addition to doing the morning show. I don't know know what the hell I'm doing yet, but I figure I will know what I'm doing before they figure that out. At least I hope.

Anyway, I'm pretty pumped about it.

Hopefully your slacking and posting on the foram will not decrease.

Comment

Originally posted by GloveSaveandaBeauty@Aug 19 2005, 05:11 AM
      Hopefully your slacking and posting on the foram will not decrease.
      Are you kidding? It's an IT job! That's all those guys do!

Comment

KConn,

Why am I posting in this thread? I'm on the offense with the clown that seems to get off on trying to run me out of here---or just get off on starting crap with Z list celebrities.

I used to just ignore it.

But, f it.

It's more fun to go after them.

If I read something written about me that I consider to be an inaccurate portrayal of the truth---a portrayal rooted in either ignorance or simply personal dislike---I think it's healthy for me to fire back my stance. Quite honestly, I would think most of you would do the same thing.

You're just not as incredibly famous as I am...in case you've forgotten, I do co-host a show on KFNS.
        The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Ironic that I do the same thing, isn't it?

I'll be online for a while if anyone has any questions.

Comment

I still make Gatorade and have not been promoted. :angry: Congrats to all those that have.
            Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Joker@Aug 19 2005, 05:37 AM
              I still make Gatorade and have not been promoted. :angry: Congrats to all those that have.
              Try taking some computer classes.

Comment

Originally posted by kconn+Aug 19 2005, 01:41 AM-->
                QUOTE(kconn @ Aug 19 2005, 01:41 AM)

kconn:

Congrats on the promotion.

Is this a sports radio you do in the morning?

Comment

I debating on whether to go back to school on the company's dime and get my BS degree.

Pros: I get to be salaried exempt with (hopefully) a higher income and get to do programming.

Cons: I get to be salaried exempt without the benefit of the overtime premium and I have to take classes again.

The best thing about my job is that I'm salaried non-exempt which is helping me out quite a bit right now since I've been on OT for the past 2+ months.

Decisions, Decisions.

-----------------

Congrats kconn.

What station are you on so that I can avoid it like the plague?

Comment

Originally posted by King@Aug 19 2005, 08:07 AM
                    kconn:

Congrats on the promotion.

Is this a sports radio you do in the morning?
                    It is not sports radio. I started out in sports, but morphed into side-kicking this show on a CHR station.

[attentionwhore] Our station has been nominated for the NAB's Marconi award as CHR station of the year. The other nominees are from Denver, Atlanta, Miami and Minneapolis.... and then us from little 'ol Morgantown. I'd say we don't stand a chance to win, but it's pretty cool to be included in that group.

Also, the guy I do the show with is a finalist for Small Market Personality of the Year. We are the only station in the country nominated for two Marconis. Not bad. [/attentionwhore]

Iowa, I don't think you have to worry about picking up our signal out of Morgantown. Even at 50,000 watts, I don't think we're reaching you.

Comment

Originally posted by kconn@Aug 19 2005, 07:30 AM
                      Iowa, I don't think you have to worry about picking up our signal out of Morgantown. Even at 50,000 watts, I don't think we're reaching you.
                      Wow. That's a relief.

Congrats anyway. I'm sure you'll have your own program in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card@Aug 19 2005, 08:36 AM

Congrats anyway. I'm sure you'll have your own program in no time.
                        No thanks! That's why I did the IT thing, so when this show goes away, I can slide over to the other position full-time.

Comment

excellent, K.

Congrats!
                          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by kconn+Aug 19 2005, 04:22 AM-->
                            QUOTE(kconn @ Aug 19 2005, 04:22 AM)
                          Working...
                          X