• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor choice of animal to take senior photo with

Bad idea

Tiger Kills Teen During Senior Photo Shoot
    Aug 18 5:29 PM US/Eastern

MOUND VALLEY, Kan.

A Bengal tiger attacked and killed a teenage girl who was posing for her senior high school pictures at an animal sanctuary Thursday in southeast Kansas, authorities said.

The Labette County Sheriff's office identified the victim as Haley R. Hilderbrand, 17, of Altamont. A news release said Hilderbrand was at the Lost Creek Animal Sanctuary posing for a photo with the 7-year-old tiger, which was being restrained by its handler, when the animal attacked her.

Officers and handlers killed the animal. Emergency personnel were not able to revive Hilderbrand.

Who was the knob that thought that was a good idea?

Comment

Only in Kansas.

Comment

Cause of death: killed by a tiger being held by it's handler while taking a senior picture.

WTF?????????????????

Where do these people put their brains?
        RIP Stan the Man
        The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
        I miss TLR!

Comment

http://sportlounge.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=32023
          ricky, shutup and paint your god damn house.

Comment

Thank god my high school mascot was the garter snake.
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Ok, I'll be the a-hole that says it...this thread is useless w/o pics.
              Official Lounge Sponsor of the Fab Four

2009 MVC Freshmen of the Year & their Capt.

Comment

Holy crap. My little boy's aunt, uncle and cousins (on the ex's side) live in Altamont.

It's a very small town in southeastern Kansas (about an hour or so from Joplin)...

I've been there quite a few times...

Of all the ways to meet your maker being from Altamont, I have to imagine being attacked by a tiger didn't even show up on the radar...

Very weird...
                " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Wooh hoo, hoo hoo hoo.
                  Wooh hoo, hoo hoo hoo.
                  Wooh hoo, hoo hoo hoo.
                  Wohh hoo, hoo hoo hoo.

People do dumb things.
                  Make America Great For Once.

Comment

when we were in vegas, my friend and i took a pic with a lion cub. much safer

plus, i wonder what kind of perfumes and such this girl had on. i heard once that women should be careful when around such animals esp during that time of month. not sure if that was just a rumour or what though.

Comment

Not suggesting that it was a great idea, but she was 17, and if the thing had "handlers" why didn't they handle it?

I mean I am assuming someone who runs this place gave this activity the thumbs up, right? She didn't like run into a locked cage did she?
                      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Aug 19 2005, 12:37 AM
                        Thank god my high school mascot was the garter snake.
                        My middle school had a beaver as a mascot and my senior school had a crow. I so wanted to go back to the middle school.
                        \'user
                        "I haven't seen such a beating since someone put a banana down my shorts and let a monkey loose."

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Aug 19 2005, 03:58 AM
                          Not suggesting that it was a great idea, but she was 17, and if the thing had "handlers" why didn't they handle it?
                          Can a tiger be handled? I think not. The handlers shot it, which is probably the best way to handle an animal like that. Darwin at work again.
                          But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

This just in: Tigers will eat you.

I feel sorry for the tiger.

But I bet she tasted good.
                            Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Aug 19 2005, 01:58 AM

I mean I am assuming someone who runs this place gave this activity the thumbs up, right? She didn't like run into a locked cage did she?
                              One swipe,your dead.They had Tigers that you could get up close with at the Air Show a couple years back....but they were only immature ones.

Who would be dumb enough to snuggle a predatory animal that is three times your size that your also unfamiliar with? You wouldn`t hug a ten foot crocidile or a seven foot Bull shark ,would ya? Same concept,just less cuddly.
                              "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Comment

Working...
                              X