If this is true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this is true

I heard (but can't confirm) yesterday that the DNC put out a press release stating that the GOP had agreed to 6, count 'em 6! presidential debates.

This was an April Fool's prank of course.
    Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

I didn't hear that, but I did hear that Kerry challenged bush to 6 debates and Bush declined.

Good manuever by kerry.
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Apr 2 2004, 09:24 AM
      I didn't hear that, but I did hear that Kerry challenged bush to 6 debates and Bush declined.

Good manuever by kerry.
      I hope Kerry doesn't bitch too much since he refused to debate Edwards one on one.
      Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Its always a good move for an "underdog" to challenge an incumbent to as many debates as they can w/o sounding ridiculous.

The incumbent will always decline, no matter what.

It probably gains them a point, but really, how many Americans watch the debates? And how many that *do* watch them are the "undecideds" that swing an election?
        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Six would be about five too many. Nobody cares about politics THAT much.

Comment

First...this is a landmark event...Best Ever and DNC was used in the same sentence..and it wasnt a run-on..

Woohoo...

Of course Bush wont accept this...they may ask him who the leader of so and so country is...and w/out Cheney pulling Pinocchio's stings...Gipetto dont debate...(just for you, Turd)...

Comment

I remember when Clinton schooled Bush One in their debates.
              “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Apr 2 2004, 09:26 AM
                Its always a good move for an "underdog" to challenge an incumbent to as many debates as they can w/o sounding ridiculous.

The incumbent will always decline, no matter what.

It probably gains them a point, but really, how many Americans watch the debates? And how many that *do* watch them are the "undecideds" that swing an election?
                I hate watching debates. The moderators lob softballs and let the candidates just recite talking points without answering questions. I'd like to see a debate with Chris Matthews and O'Reiley as moderators. Think the candidates would agree to that? I doubt it.
                Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

I remember when smirking Al Gore -- the smartest kiss-ass in the class -- lost the presidency in his first debate.

Get a LIFE, Razz!

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Apr 2 2004, 09:29 AM
                    I remember when Bush kicked the living shit out of Algore. Not once, not twice, but three times.

This being the "dumb" George W. Bush up against the "brilliant" and "professional" debater, Algore.

Still hurts, doesn't it, Razzy?

It must, since you skipped the last two presidential debate participants and reverted back to 1991.
                    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Remember Gore-Quayle-Stockdale?

Neither do I
                      Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

Originally posted by BurnKU+Apr 2 2004, 08:26 AM-->
                        QUOTE (BurnKU @ Apr 2 2004, 08:26 AM)

I agree that Bush out-debated Gore. I wasnt a big Gore fan at all.

I would like to see Kerry debate Bush, though.
                        “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze+Apr 2 2004, 09:32 AM-->
                          QUOTE (lazydaze @ Apr 2 2004, 09:32 AM)
                          Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2004, 08:26 AM

of course he won't debate.....notice how he'll only meet with the 9/11 commission IF DICK CHENEY IS THERE?

the guy is a moron.
                          Are you on the list?

Comment

• Working...
                            X