X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reb's Grammar Lessons..

Let us get started.

No apostrophes in possessive pronouns.

Use dictionary.com if you don't know correct spelling.

Any other questions, post them here.

Those who fail to heed these warnings will be banished from the Lounge for the weekend and sent to suck TimMcKernan's balls at insidestl.com or OSS' sack at Hucklebucks.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

When I tell you to Go Fuck Yourself, is it necessary to capitalize every word?
    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Can we use their, they're and there interchangeably?
      June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Aug 18 2005, 12:51 PM
        When I tell you to Go Fuck Yourself, is it necessary to capitalize every word?
        No.
        The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Comment

OR

Reb could go to one of those for the weekend and we can have "grammar nazi free weekend" at the lounge...
          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegasreb@Aug 18 2005, 12:49 PM
            Let's get started.

Those who fail to heed these warnings will be banished from the Lounge for the weekend and sent to suck TimMcKernan's balls at insidestl.com or OSS' sack at Hucklebucks.
            Reb, what's your position on l33t-speak? Are "teh", "HAXORZ", and words of that ilk allowed? How about words with numbers in them?

Comment

Originally posted by tallahassee blues fan@Aug 18 2005, 01:51 PM
              I am pretty damn sure I have NEVER typed "they're", and never intend to.

Comment

Originally posted by tallahassee blues fan@Aug 18 2005, 12:51 PM
                Many people are so spooked by apostrophes that a word like “they’re” seems to them as if it might mean almost anything. In fact, it’s always a contraction of “they are.” If you’ve written “they’re,” ask yourself whether you can substitute “they are.” If not, you’ve made a mistake. “Their” is a possessive pronoun like “her” or “our” “They eat their hotdogs with sauerkraut.” Everything else is “there.” “There goes the ball, out of the park! See it? Right there! There aren’t very many home runs like that.” “Thier” is a common misspelling, but you can avoid it by remembering that “they” and “their” begin with the same three letters. Another hint: “there” has “here” buried inside it to remind you it refers to place, while “their” has “heir” buried in it to remind you that it has to do with possession.

Comment

If you ban glovey from using the alleged word "pwn" ever again, I will worship you.
                  If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegasreb@Aug 18 2005, 01:49 PM
                    Let's get started.

fock ewe reb,. are grammer is very much good hear at the sportslougne.

i Think ewe our having much hader thyme deeling with this issu then we our and you, just knead two chil the fock o.uT we our knot the wons with the probelm ewe. is it's gettting owld man reallie focking, old ok!

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Aug 18 2005, 01:53 PM
                      If you ban glovey from using the alleged word "pwn" ever again, I will worship you.
                      We can both do that

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark+Aug 18 2005, 12:51 PM-->
                        QUOTE(Airshark @ Aug 18 2005, 12:51 PM)

Originally posted by Airshark+Aug 18 2005, 01:51 PM-->
                        QUOTE(Airshark @ Aug 18 2005, 01:51 PM)

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Aug 18 2005, 12:53 PM
                        GloveSave has been banned for the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegasreb+Aug 18 2005, 12:52 PM-->
                          QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Aug 18 2005, 12:52 PM)
                        Working...
                        X