No announcement yet.

ABC, ESPN to Broadcast Fourth World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't like the 13 hour time difference in the last World Cup that made me wake up in the middle of the night if I wanted to watch any of the U.S games live. It will be nice to have the World Cup played in Germany, which will put the games on during mostly the late morning and afternoon here in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyG37@Aug 18 2005, 01:37 AM
      I didn't like the 13 hour time difference in the last World Cup that made me wake up in the middle of the night if I wanted to watch any of the U.S games live. It will be nice to have the World Cup played in Germany, which will put the games on during mostly the late morning and afternoon here in the U.S.

Late morning and afternoon?? In some places they are 8 hours ahead of us. Mnay of the games are during the day. Do the math.

Comment

They can show this shit but no hockey.....

Unless it's the riotous premier league with the Man. U. fans burning Malcolm Glaser in effigy, i'm not interested.

Comment

All games of the tournament, which will be played in Germany from June 9 to July 9, will be broadcast live. For the 2002 World Cup, which was in Japan and South Korea, 58 games were televised live, with the final on ABC, 16 on ESPN and the rest on ESPN2. Because of the 13-hour time difference to the East Coast of the United States, games were on during the middle of the night.
          What is this World Cup you speak of?
          But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

I love it when people underestimate how popular soccer really is...
            Feb. 08, 2005
            Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
            Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
            Originally posted by Airshark
            NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Gotta love the Cup...
              I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Originally posted by Nsane2Bme@Aug 18 2005, 08:41 AM
                I love it when people underestimate how popular soccer really is...
                You love it when people do that? So you can set them straight?

Outside of Europe, South America and St. Louis, soccer ain't that big of a deal. And soccer moms. Can't forget the soccer moms.
                But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

I remember waking up at 4 AM to watch the USA-Germany match in the last World Cup.

The performance and rise in competitiveness of the US team helped me to enjoy soccer more then I ever have. I'll follow closely next summer.

You still won't see me getting into any of the Euro club teams or the MLS, but I like it and have more respect for the game then I used to. They built a seperate arena for the Columbus Crew to play in, and I think its the only one of its kind in the league. Pretty nice:

You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

Actually I see that they have built new stadiums for the MLS in LA and Dallas as well as plans for one in Chicago, New York, and Denver...never thought I'd see it.
                    You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

There was an article in the usa today about the soccer complex outside of Dallas. Lamar Hunt owns the Dallas, Columbus, and K.C. teams of the mls. Somebody likes soccer.......

Comment

Working...
                      X