Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Taguchi- starting RF next season?

Just a topic of discussion.

I would give it serious thought if i were Larussa, for a couple of reasons. One, he would make very little money and would save room on the payroll. Two, he's been pretty good this year, playing every game. I think he has proven that he can do that. Plus, i think the team needs an outfielder with speed who can bunt, field, or get a basehit.

We can either re-sign Reggie or someone else for LF.
    0%

No

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

No way in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by *007*@Aug 17 2005, 02:38 PM
        No
        reason why?

Comment

It seems to me that his numbers are pretty decent for playing almost every game this year. I mean, we can't sign a big name FA every year to play needed positions.

Comment

Racists.
            If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Neutered Cat+Aug 17 2005, 03:39 PM-->
              QUOTE(Neutered Cat @ Aug 17 2005, 03:39 PM)

No, but we can sign a legit starter. A .790 OPS (with an inordinate amount of ABs coming against LHP) doesn't do it for me, even if he can bunt. Plus, he's 36, so it's not as if he's about to hit his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by *007*+Aug 17 2005, 02:43 PM-->
                QUOTE(*007* @ Aug 17 2005, 02:43 PM)
                Originally posted by Neutered [email protected] 17 2005, 03:39 PM

Just because we have other guys in the lineup who can hit doesn't mean we should be happy including guys who can't.

Comment

He's had a great month, but let's don't get crazy.

So's got very little power for an outfielder, he's old, and not really that fast. He's a very solid ballplayer, the kind you love on your bench.

And, by the way, the Cards have money and will have even more next year.
                  "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                  --Albert Einstein

Comment

Nope.

Not good enough.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                    -Barry Goldwater

Comment

He should be our starting center fielder.

Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Aug 17 2005, 03:42 PM
                        Racists.
                        I am a little racist on this. Asian women often age more gracefully than other women. I wonder if there is a difference in the peak athletic age of Asian men.
                        v

Comment

Originally posted by Neutered Cat@Aug 17 2005, 02:55 PM
                          He should be our starting center fielder.

Just sayin.

If you're the owner of the Tokyo Barn Swallows, or whatever they're called, or the Chicago Cubs ( ), then I'd agree with you.
                          "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                          --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X