• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about a bad day.

Man beaten with his own leg
    Says he couldn't get away

By Jennifer Borrasso, abc12 reporter
    Midland — (08/05/05)-- A Midland man talks is talking for the first time about his unusual attack. He was severely beaten with his own prosthetic leg.

Greg Gale has had some rough times.

He lost his leg in a train accident twenty years ago, and now, he's been beaten by his own prosthetic leg. Gale tells abc12's Jennifer Borrasso he and his girlfriend, Tammy Johnson, got into an argument at his Midland apartment this past Wednesday night.

He says she started beating him in the face and head several times with one of his spare prosthetic legs. He tried to get away, but says she followed him out the door, still hitting him with the leg.

A witness saw Gale and called police.

"She tried to kill me," Gale said. I've known her for years," he said, thinking that she is frustrated with their relationship. "Probably because I won't commit... I'm not sure."

Tammy Johnson is in the Midland County jail tonight.

She faces two felony counts - an assault with a dangerous weapon and larceny.

Police say she tried to steal the leg.

She'll soon head back to court for a preliminary hearing.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/news/080505_NW...eg_beating.html

I don't know what to say other than
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Poor guy. He tried to run away but he kept going in circles.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Aug 17 2005, 11:32 AM
      Poor guy. He tried to run away but he kept going in circles.
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I wonder what they were arguing about. Whatever it is, I'm sure he doesn't have a leg to stand on.
        If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Aug 17 2005, 11:34 AM
          I wonder what they were arguing about. Whatever it is, I'm sure he doesn't have a leg to stand on.
          I see what you did there.

Comment

This only happened because the guy couldn't take control of the relationship and put his foot down.

Comment

Sounds like she got a leg up on the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan+Aug 17 2005, 11:35 AM-->
                QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Aug 17 2005, 11:35 AM)

Hopefully his medical bills don't cost him an arm and another leg.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card@Aug 17 2005, 11:47 AM
                  Hopefully his medical bills don't cost him an arm and another leg.
                  So you are for socialized medicine?
                  If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

ricky, shutup and paint your god damn house.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees suck!@Aug 17 2005, 12:05 PM

The leg must have been cocked and loaded

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan+Aug 17 2005, 11:06 AM-->
                        QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Aug 17 2005, 11:06 AM)

So now we know where santo was the last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic@Aug 17 2005, 03:11 PM
                          So now we know where santo was the last few days.
                          I wanna know why you let one of your trains run over him?

Comment

Working...
                          X