Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Bernie Miklasz headed?

Bye bye Bernie?

Bernie Miklasz, Post-Dispatch sports columnist and lead host of the "Sports Open Line" program on KMOX for two years, has been talking with officials with KFNS and KSLG (1380 AM) about moving his radio work there. His contract at KMOX (1120 AM) expires at the end of the month.

"KMOX and I will part on good terms," he said. "They just aren't sure what to do with sports and aren't in a position to offer me a long-term contract. I completely understand their position. They have encouraged me to do what's best for me. They have, however, said I could stay until the end of the baseball season."
    I know most of you have probably known about this already. Where do any of you see Mr Miklasz fitting in? I'll admit, I don't listen to 1380 a whole lot but I'm not sure where he goes or does on 590. Maybe stick him with Cusamano and Burwell. Opinions?

Originally posted by DBear@Aug 16 2005, 11:12 PM
    Bye bye Bernie?

Bernie Miklasz, Post-Dispatch sports columnist and lead host of the "Sports Open Line" program on KMOX for two years, has been talking with officials with KFNS and KSLG (1380 AM) about moving his radio work there. His contract at KMOX (1120 AM) expires at the end of the month.

"KMOX and I will part on good terms," he said. "They just aren't sure what to do with sports and aren't in a position to offer me a long-term contract. I completely understand their position. They have encouraged me to do what's best for me. They have, however, said I could stay until the end of the baseball season."
    I know most of you have probably known about this already. Where do any of you see Mr Miklasz fitting in? I'll admit, I don't listen to 1380 a whole lot but I'm not sure where he go or do on 590. Maybe stick him with Cusamano and Burwell. Opinions?
    Move Claiborne to R 'n R and pair Bernie w/ Slaten...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I think Bernie should start his own website.
      Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
      "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Is Winnipeg, Manitoba an option? :P

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
        Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
        Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

Originally posted by Rdog3933@Aug 16 2005, 10:19 PM
          Is Winnipeg, Manitoba an option? :P
          are there any good sports stations around Wang's villiage?

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Moon

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

He could be a plus-sized model for this site.

Throwback Jerseys

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by *007*@Aug 16 2005, 11:35 PM

Moon
                Not
                Big
                Enough

He can go back to Baltimore for all I care.

Comment

I hope he goes to KFNS. I don't like 1380.

Comment

If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by DBear@Aug 16 2005, 11:12 PM
                      Bye bye Bernie?

I know most of you have probably known about this already. Where do any of you see Mr Miklasz fitting in? I'll admit, I don't listen to 1380 a whole lot but I'm not sure where he goes or does on 590. Maybe stick him with Cusamano and Burwell. Opinions?
                      Just please get rid of Burwell. Please? I couldn't care less about where BM goes, just get rid of that godawful Burwell.
                      RIP Stan the Man
                      The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                      I miss TLR!

Comment

Originally posted by chs266s@Aug 17 2005, 07:19 AM
                        I hope he goes to KFNS. I don't like 1380.
                        I haven't listened to 1380 for more than 5 minutes.

I hope he goes to KFNS too - help out either the Burwell show or R&R.

Comment

I wish there was a radio studio big enough to accomodate both Bernie AND Hadley @ 550...
                          . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                          -mike
                          mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Official Lounge Sponsor:
                            The New Orleans Saints, Blue Moon Belgian Ale, Peter Gammons, and Cardinals GM John Mozeliak

Comment

Like him or not, the credibility factor goes up if he jumps to KFNS.

Please let him replace Ramsey. Do you think, though, they would want him on during the day or at night when they're playing National crap from 6 to when ever the hell McKenna comes on?

Except for, of course, the nights when the highly entertaining Motor Sports show is on - Bernie can have that night off.
                              Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Working...
                              X