I bet my friend and bartender last night that the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bet my friend and bartender last night that the

this season. 5 dollars. anybody think I'm going to win?

Originally posted by fountain16@Aug 16 2005, 02:41 PM
    this season. 5 dollars. anybody think I'm going to win?
    Depends...did you make the bet before you knew Mayers was coming back?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Define "better".

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark@Aug 16 2005, 02:46 PM
        Define "better".
        Sejna>Gretzky

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

The Hawks might be better than the Blues, but what if neither makes the playoffs? What happens if they both just suck royal ass - do you get your $5?

Comment

I think you can count on that $5.00 coming your way by mid-November.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Aug 16 2005, 01:54 PM
              I think you can count on that $5.00 coming your way by mid-November.
              Buccigross seems to think the Hawks still have got a swiss cheese defense. I don't know, it's so hard for me to contemplate a Blackhawks team that doesn't suck. Of course, it's even harder to contemplate that the Ducks may not suck, or that the class of your division might be the Predators.

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark+Aug 16 2005, 02:57 PM-->
                QUOTE(Airshark @ Aug 16 2005, 02:57 PM)

Originally posted by Airshark+Aug 16 2005, 02:57 PM-->
                QUOTE(Airshark @ Aug 16 2005, 02:57 PM)

So, you bet your friend and the bartender and could receive $10?
                Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Before the free agency period opened, I would have bet the Blackhawks would win the division easily. I didn't take into account the bad reputation they've earned over the years. It sounds like many free agents wouldn't even consider playing for the Hawks.

Aucoin will be on the ice for at least 30 minutes every game. And Khabibulin will be there to clean up any mistakes. I doubt they'll give up as many goals as Buccigross thinks.

Better than the Blues? That's a safe bet. It won't be much of an accomplishment this season.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Aug 16 2005, 01:59 PM
                    Or the class of the NHL might be the Penguins!
                    I hope that was sarcasm that I missed. The Pens current D-men. Almost as scary as our forwards. Gonna be the 80's Oilers all over again. Lots of 7-6 games methinks.

55 Sergei Gonchar
                    55 Ric Jackman
                    2 Josef Melichar
                    44 Brooks Orpik
                    6 Martin Strbak
                    32 Dick Tarnstrom

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

Center Ice is going to be so awesome this year with all the changes...I'm looking forward to it. My kids aren't - but I am!

Oh, I think you'll get your $5, but I hope you don't....
                      Feb. 08, 2005
                      Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                      Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                      Originally posted by Airshark
                      NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

I think it's safe to say that's 5 bucks in the bank right there...

Most Blues fans don't seem to realize how terrible we're going to be this season.

"
                        Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

Originally posted by mellanby_equals_grit@Aug 16 2005, 11:07 PM
                          I think it's safe to say that's 5 bucks in the bank right there...

Most Blues fans don't seem to realize how terrible we're going to be this season.
                          If the Blues set a record for lowest point total ever, I wouldn't be suprised.
                          Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

Working...
                          X