Buccigross on the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buccigross on the NHL

St Louis Blues: My goodness, how fast this team has fallen. They have some nice young pieces on the blue line, but the Blues are down to a 70-80 point team because they are neither offensively nor defensively stellar. The Blues will not make the playoffs for the first time since 1979.
    Bucci appears to be forecasting that somehow only about six teams will make the playoffs. His analysis of the Sharks is close to being the most favorable of any team:

San Jose Sharks: The Sharks had 104 points two years ago and won the Pacific. They are trying to mold a core of young players into leaders. It makes sense to me not to do too much via free agency. The only thing I would have done was to go for a home run like Scott Niedermayer, and reportedly they tried. But to play with the chemistry of the team by signing a powerful personality would have been risky. I like this team's makeup and direction. But it looks like they are one really good player away.
    After reading the column, I can't figure out if he thinks a Stanley Cup will be awarded this season. Apparently everybody isn't good enough to win it, and most won't make the playoffs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/stor...john&id=2134796

Originally posted by Airshark@Aug 16 2005, 10:39 AM
    After reading the column, I can't figure out if he thinks a Stanley Cup will be awarded this season. Apparently everybody isn't good enough to win it, and most won't make the playoffs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/stor...john&id=2134796
    Consider the source: "Harry Potter" writing on the NHL....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

He's wrong.

Moon

Comment

This column was obviously penned prior to the excellent news about Jammer being re-upped.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Aug 16 2005, 09:52 AM
          This column was obviously penned prior to the excellent news about Jammer being re-upped.
          Don`t forget that future HOFer.....Peter Sejna.

Man,this season is going to blow.
          "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Comment

how fast has st louis fallen from what? trying to contend and never adding up?

Comment

Originally posted by MsFunkay@Aug 16 2005, 03:10 PM
              how fast has st louis fallen from what? trying to contend and never adding up?
              pretty much...
              Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
              "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Look at it this way - all they can do is perform beyond expectations, right? To come in below expectations, they're going to have to have a 55-point season or something, and I don't think that's very likely.

Comment

I think the West will be up for grabs.

The "big three" who had been dominant over the last decade (Detroit, Colorado, Dallas) are all weaker.

I would not be surprised to see a repeat of Calgary San Jose in the WCF.
                  LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

Originally posted by DC Santana@Aug 16 2005, 02:29 PM
                    I think the West will be up for grabs.

The "big three" who had been dominant over the last decade (Detroit, Colorado, Dallas) are all weaker.

I would not be surprised to see a repeat of Calgary San Jose in the WCF.
                    Dallas hasn't been dominant for a while. The Sharks have won two of the last three division championships. Colorado took a big hit - I think they're no longer a contender.

I'm thinking San Jose-Vancouver in the WCF this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark+Aug 16 2005, 03:32 PM-->
                      QUOTE(Airshark @ Aug 16 2005, 03:32 PM)

i'm not gonna be shocked no matter who makes the finals. its all just a crap shoot from here. you can sign the best players, but it all depends on who's gonna come out working hard, adjust to the new rules, and not get injured

Comment

Didn't Buccigross pick the Blues nearly every year as his "dark horse" out of the WC?

And I wouldn't be surprised to see the Blues only get 60 pts this season.
                        "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
                        "I didn't know you
                        had any feelings"

Comment

Working...
                        X