New AZ Cards Stadium to Have Wi-Fi For Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AZ Cards Stadium to Have Wi-Fi For Everyone

Is this a first for a pro sports stadium?

They say they can even order a beer online.

I know the new Busch will have Wi-Fi but only in limited places, such as press boxes.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

PacBell has it.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Aug 15 2005, 11:22 PM
      Is this a first for a pro sports stadium?

They say they can even order a beer online.

I know the new Busch will have Wi-Fi but only in limited places, such as press boxes.
      While I think it's cool to have stadium-wide, do you really need to have your damn laptop out at a game? I would think that would be a bit silly... you are already watching the damn thing... what are you going to do online?

The people who will take advantage of that are the douchebags who don't pay any attention to the games anyway... ugh.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Aug 15 2005, 10:26 PM

While I think it's cool to have stadium-wide, do you really need to have your damn laptop out at a game? I would think that would be a bit silly... you are already watching the damn thing... what are you going to do online?

Post on the lounge! Duh!

"
        Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated+Aug 15 2005, 11:26 PM-->
          QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Aug 15 2005, 11:26 PM)

and I continue to watch each generation get lazier and lazier. Next thing you know they won't even have to bend an arm to take a drink.
          \'user
          "I haven't seen such a beating since someone put a banana down my shorts and let a monkey loose."

Comment

In theory, the idea is a good one. Keep in mind that it's not just laptops that use Wi-Fi - PDAs, some cell phones, PSPs and even Game Boys can all be configured with Wi-Fi access, and these types of items are more likely to be carried into stadia.

Imagine getting the kind of information that we're used to getting by following games on-line while you're in the stadium. You'd get real-time updated stats like total yardage, tackles, individual stats like rushing yards, passing yards, penalties and the like as soon as they occur. For baseball, think of watching Pujols coming to the plate and being able to see his lefty/righty splits w/RISP, or his career success against the pitcher on the mound at the time, right at your seat.

Ever want a beer and can't flag down a vendor? Ever get a craving for Nachos during the game, but don't want to climb over 20 people to wait in line and miss part of the game? Order from your PDA and have it brought to you.

These are a couple of the many theoretical benefits that having stadium-wide Wi-Fi could bring.

But yeah, sitting around watching a laptop instead of the game would be kinda dorky.

Comment

Ever want to sit and watch THE GAME?

Comment

I'm too busy talking on my cell phone behind home plate for this service to be of any use to me.

Moon

Comment

Those silly Cardinals -- one step behind the curve, as usual. Google is providing wi-fi access everywhere, for free. Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by backstop@Aug 16 2005, 12:08 PM
                    Those silly Cardinals -- one step behind the curve, as usual. Google is providing wi-fi access everywhere, for free. Sheesh.
                    If that were true, wouldn't I have seen something about it on the Lounge?

Comment

Originally posted by The Hun@Aug 16 2005, 03:33 AM
                      and I continue to watch each generation get lazier and lazier. Next thing you know they won't even have to bend an arm to take a drink.
                      I long for that day!

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kconn+Aug 16 2005, 11:12 AM-->
                        QUOTE(kconn @ Aug 16 2005, 11:12 AM)

Originally posted by kconn+Aug 16 2005, 11:12 AM-->
                        QUOTE(kconn @ Aug 16 2005, 11:12 AM)

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Aug 16 2005, 12:27 PM-->
                        QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Aug 16 2005, 12:27 PM)
                        Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2005, 11:12 AM
                      Working...
                      X