I'm going to Boston for Saints-Pats on Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to Boston for Saints-Pats on Thursday

Big day at work today, and I know most of you don't care but I felt like sharing. As most of you know by now, I'm working on the NFL stuff for FOX this year. My first football assignments have been pulling training camp footage for the fantasy football show we're airing on Aug. 28 and compiling all of the offseason video we have regarding Terrell Owens and his insanity. Boring stuff, really, although they'd eventually be in pieces I'd produce or help produce.

Today, my two co-NFL PAs, Mike and Sabrina, had an on-location shoot for the fantasy football show. It was my day off but things got really hectic this morning and so, at 9:30 am, Mike called me and asked if I could help out on the shoot. No problem, I said, and I arrived at the newsstand where we shot some stuff at about 10. Essentially, we shot a bunch of B-roll scenics, primarily billboards around LA on which we'll superimpose images and graphics and things like that for promos. But we also hired some wannabe actors to ask questions to JB, Terry, Howie and Jimmy about fantasy football. One guy, for example, asked "Was Drew Brees a fluke last year?" And someone else asked "Hey Jimmy, you're a Miami guy...is Ricky Williams worth drafting?" We also got this smoking hot chick to do some stuff. Some of the stuff she said was "Can girls play too?" and "How can I beat my boyfriend at fantasy football this year?" and, most seductively, "Shouldn't I be your fantasy?"

But we ran into a glitch--we discovered why some of these actors haven't hit the big time yet. Some of them were gawdawful. One guy couldn't memorize the line "Hey Terry, Peyton can't possibly throw 50 again this year...can he?" And he's supposed to be a professional actor! It was so bad that we pulled two employees out of the Coffee Bean next to the newsstand to ask a couple of the questions, and, yes, they were better than the real actors (other than the smoking hot chick, who was pretty good). One of the people who got called upon to ask a question was none other than yours truly.

The producer, a sarcastic prick named Bill that I get along with fabulously well, said afterwards "You're better than all the actors here" and "I can tell you're gonna be on TV some day, but me saying that probably means you won't." Like I said, he's a sarcastic prick. I got my line down on one take. I have no idea if they're going to actually use it or not but if so, I'll let you guys know. So if anyone here watches the fantasy football show on FOX on Sunday Aug. 28, look for the Indian dude wearing a backwards road Cardinals hat that has a small bird on the bat on the back of the hat who asks "Can Collins get the ball to Moss like Culpepper did?"

After the shoot, I was driving home when a different Bill, who happens to be the senior producer of FOX Sports, called me up. He told me to pack my bags because they're sending me on the road to work on the Saints-Patriots game Thursday night. I'm currently a production assistant but the next step up is broadcast associate, and BAs go on the road each week. Basically, what they're doing is training me to be a BA. So, for now, I'm going on this trip to Boston (I leave tomorrow) and they may send me to Washington next week for Steelers-Redskins on Aug. 26.

So, as you can imagine, I'm pretty pumped up. I worked the Battle at the Bridges golf event in Rancho Santa Fe, Calif. for ABC Sports and ESPN last year but, to me, this is much bigger than that. It's gonna be a fun time.

Awesome. I think every Lounger likes to hear peeps doing well.

Good on you, devaskar!

You deserve it, bud.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

That's great Dev!
      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Dev... any time to get away from Boston for a skylark with Cheese and I? I'm coming out for the Ravens/Eagles game in Baltimore this weekend.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Awesome, congrats dev.
          Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
          "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Fantastic man. Good luck to ya. Keep us posted.

Comment

Geezus H....Congrats!

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

CONGRATS!

Comment

Lord dev......you're just shootin' right up the ladder. congrats man!
                  Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Aug 15 2005, 06:05 PM
                    Dev... any time to get away from Boston for a skylark with Cheese and I? I'm coming out for the Ravens/Eagles game in Baltimore this weekend.
                    If you can hang around another few days, they may send me to DC next week for Steelers-Redskins.

Comment

Wow - congrats Dev!

For some reason, when I first read this, I thought you said you were going to Boston for St. Patrick's Day :P
                      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

"Essentially, we shot a bunch of B-roll scenics, primarily billboards around LA".

Be watchin for you----feel free to shoot a segment at one of my karaoke gigs-I will let you know when they demand I come to LA---oh wait---holy sh$t---you're not talking about Lower Arnold!

Be watchin for you---and to answer your question---Collins won't get it to Moss like Culpepper did. But you knew that.
                        v

Comment

Lots of media for the Pats games don't stay in Boston, they stay in Providence.

And if that's where you're staying you're in for a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by 210@Aug 16 2005, 06:37 AM
                            Lots of media for the Pats games don't stay in Boston, they stay in Providence.

And if that's where you're staying you're in for a treat.
                            And if you are in Providence, 210 and I might be compelled to make the road trip down.

God bless the Foxy Lady.
                            Official Lounge Sponsor:
                            Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                            The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                            Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

Originally posted by Blues Fan in SF@Aug 16 2005, 12:38 AM
                              Wow - congrats Dev!

For some reason, when I first read this, I thought you said you were going to Boston for St. Patrick's Day :P
                              that makes me feel better, cause I thought the same thing!

Congrats Dev - glad to hear things are going well for you!
                              Feb. 08, 2005
                              Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                              Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                              Originally posted by Airshark
                              NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Working...
                              X