Skippy... NASCAR rules changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skippy... NASCAR rules changes?

I was listening to 590, they were talking about maybe letting the fans vote a driver into the chase in order to get Jr in?

What a fucking crock if they do it, you hear anything about this?
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

that's bullshit...I will be pissed if that happens.

DEI has had issues all year long. Jr. has run well in a couple of races - there's no way he should be in the Race for the Chase if he doesn't deserve it from the year he is having.

(I'd say the same thing if it were the 24 too).
    Feb. 08, 2005
    Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
    Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
    Originally posted by Airshark
    NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

This will only be funny if I can vote for Dick Trickle.
      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

That would be extremely ghey.

Comment

Originally posted by Nsane2Bme@Aug 15 2005, 02:15 PM
          that's bullshit...I will be pissed if that happens.

DEI has had issues all year long. Jr. has run well in a couple of races - there's no way he should be in the Race for the Chase if he doesn't deserve it from the year he is having.

(I'd say the same thing if it were the 24 too).
          I agree, they are also talking about letting in the winner of the Daytona 500 automatically.
          NASCAR denies anything will happen this season, but who knows.

I say no votes, and no automatic bids at all. you make it or you don't.

I wouldn't be opposed to nest year making the field 15 cars though.

Comment

How about going back to the old system and upping the points a race winner gets?

I'm in favor of the chase, but this ain't baseball. You don't get the Wild-Card in a sport that has no divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks+Aug 15 2005, 02:18 PM-->
              QUOTE(madyaks @ Aug 15 2005, 02:18 PM)

I understand the $ part - but it's bullshit.
              Feb. 08, 2005
              Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
              Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
              Originally posted by Airshark
              NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card@Aug 15 2005, 02:22 PM
                How about going back to the old system and upping the points a race winner gets?

I'm in favor of the chase, but this ain't baseball. You don't get the Wild-Card in a sport that has no divisions.
                ++

I have always thought the winner of a race should get 200 points and second should get 150. ( or something with that sort of % )

Right now the winner gets 180 and second is 170, third gets 165.
                That means winning a race is only worth two finishing spots better than being second. What a crock, it's a RACE, winning should mean more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nsane2Bme@Aug 15 2005, 02:26 PM
                  I understand the $ part - but it's bullshit.
                  The $ part is bullshit as well unless it's something NASCAR and France simply can't refuse. If Bud is threatening to pull their official alcoholic sponsorship from NASCAR, you don't think Miller or Coors would drool at the opportunity to be the Official Adult Beverage of NASCAR? Especially when NASCAR is considering race dates at tracks in New York and Seattle?

No doubt this consideration is about NASCAR thinking in terms of $$$, but they've pissed off enough purists of the sport with the change in the way the championship is awarded. Now, after 1.5 season of the new system (and some purists thinking it's a good thing) they want to put in some convoluted way of getting one of their sponsors in?

Rusty was right with his fears that only the Chase sponsors would get coverage during races. I mean, if they are considering making a way to get Jr. in the chase without qualifying per the current rules...

Comment

I know.

They could make them actually race instead of running around in circles really fast. That'd put Earnhardt, Gordon and Stewart up higher in the finishes, as most of the rest of the field wouldn't race.

See, the idea of right-hand turns, esses, and such would make most of their skulls explode.
                    "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
                    "I didn't know you
                    had any feelings"

Comment

Originally posted by SunuvaNun@Aug 15 2005, 04:17 PM
                      I know.

They could make them actually race instead of running around in circles really fast. That'd put Earnhardt, Gordon and Stewart up higher in the finishes, as most of the rest of the field wouldn't race.

See, the idea of right-hand turns, esses, and such would make most of their skulls explode.

Follow NASCAR much??

Comment

I can't believe NASCAR would be dumb enough to make any of the suggested changes I have seen in this thread.
                        If they want to illegitimize their sport to get certain teams in the playoffs they will follow the NBA into irrelevance.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic+Aug 15 2005, 04:20 PM-->
                          QUOTE(Celtic @ Aug 15 2005, 04:20 PM)

They will lose a fan if he's allowed into the Chase without earning it.
                          Official Lounge Sponsor:
                          The New Orleans Saints, Blue Moon Belgian Ale, Peter Gammons, and Cardinals GM John Mozeliak

Comment

Working...
                          X