• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamrlik signs two-year deal w/ Flames

Hamrlik signs two-year deal with Flames

TSN.ca Staff

8/14/2005 6:20:27 PM

Roman Hamrlik is off the open market and back in Alberta, as the unrestricted free agent defenceman has signed on with the Calgary Flames.

TSN has learned it is a two-year deal worth $7 million US.

Hamrlik, a 13-year veteran who has played with the Tampa Bay Lightning, New York Islanders and Edmonton Oilers, was taken first overall in the 1992 Entry Draft by the Lightning.

In 2003-04, he scored 29 points from the blueline, and helped lead the Islanders to the playoffs for the third straight season. In 873 career NHL games, he scored 117 goals and 441 points.

The move is just the latest in a flurry of recent signings and acquisitions by general manager Darryl Sutter.

With a new collective bargaining agreement and the hope of putting together another Stanley Cup contending team, Sutter was quick this summer to re-sign forwards Jarome Iginla, Daymond Langkow and Steve Reinprecht, defencemen Rhett Warrener, Jordan Leopold and Andrew Ference and goaltender Miikka Kiprusoff.

The team also added veteran forwards Tony Amonte and Darren McCarty.

More to follow.

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Flames should be good...
    Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
    "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Flames vs Flyers for the Cup.

You heard it here first.
      Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Originally posted by CSD@Aug 14 2005, 06:10 PM
        Flames vs Flyers for the Cup.

You heard it here first.
        Wouldn't surprise me at all...

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

Has anybody started to give odds on who the doormats of the league will be. We always knew in the Old NHL that the Canadian teams were good money bets. Now it seems that they are getting the right guys for the right prices. I hope the Blue Notes don't take the gas pipe this year.

** Official Lounge sponsor of Fulham and Detroit Lions**

Comment

Originally posted by fzjjfk@Aug 15 2005, 07:51 AM
            Has anybody started to give odds on who the doormats of the league will be. We always knew in the Old NHL that the Canadian teams were good money bets. Now it seems that they are getting the right guys for the right prices. I hope the Blue Notes don't take the gas pipe this year.

As of right now, it looks like the Western Conference could be a free for all.
            Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Working...
            X