Kirk Rueter DFA by Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirk Rueter DFA by Giants

Just came across the bottom line on ESPN News.

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/N...t=.jsp&c_id=sf

Would the Cards be interested in him as another Dave Duncan project?

Always pitched good is STL. Local kid.

Thoughts?

I'd hope so.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Rueter is done.
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

If you can get him for nothing, I'd give it a shot.
        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Aug 14 2005, 12:28 PM
          If you can get him for nothing, I'd give it a shot.
          I wonder if Dusty's interested....

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels+Aug 14 2005, 01:31 PM-->
            QUOTE(Jack Daniels @ Aug 14 2005, 01:31 PM)

The Giants aren't exactly rich in pitching...if they're giving him away, there's a reason.

Comment

Woody has been getting hit pretty hard this year. Couple that with the fact that Alou has been jerking pitchers in and out of the rotation based upon 1 bad start. Kirk practically begged the Giants to trade / release him.

The Giants also have some young arms that they want to get a look at in the starting rotation since this season is lost.

With a good defense behind him (which the Giants could not provide), he would be a good #5 starter for the rest of this year.
              Official sponsor of indifference towards basketball...hockey has grown on me.
              Official sponsor of Buster Posey...'nuff said.
              Official sponsor of James Laurinaitis
              "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live - too rare to die."

Comment

Worth a shot.

Might be a way out of renewing Mulder's option.
                And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Aug 14 2005, 02:16 PM
                  Worth a shot.

Might be a way out of renewing Mulder's option.

I'd love to undo that trade. Haren looks just as good as Mulder--for a helluva lot less--Barton could be in OUR outfield next year.

As for Kiko, ok he got hurt, but with the salary differential between Haren & Mulder, Walt could've made a deal.

Comment

Mulder's option will be picked up.

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Aug 14 2005, 02:40 PM
                      Mulder's option will be picked up.

Sure it will, cause he sucks ass too much for Walt to deal him this winter.

Comment

It'll get picked up because they don't want to give 3 prospects away for nothing
                        Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Aug 14 2005, 02:55 PM
                          It'll get picked up because they don't want to give 3 prospects away for nothing

Right, but what are the chances of him being here in '07?

Or better yet, past July 31, 2006?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels+Aug 14 2005, 04:01 PM-->
                            QUOTE(Jack Daniels @ Aug 14 2005, 04:01 PM)
                          Working...
                          X