Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clemens or Carpenter?

I'm biased, as are most of you.

Personally, I think The Rocket gets the edge right now, based on the national media bias, run support, and his ERA, but if Chris gets 21 or 22 wins, and doesn't have a bad game between now and October, I think he's gotta get it.

Right?

This "I haven't heard of Chris Carpenter" thing has to be overblown.

Roger Clemens leads in nearly every (if not all) major categories outside of Wins to Carpenter. Carpenter has definitely been the best pitcher since June, but this is a year long award. Where would the Astros be without Roger Clemens?
    However, if the Astros do not make the playoffs, that'll probably change.
    In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

Man, I hate to say this - but I have to give it to Roger Clemens at this point. The guy is having the best year of his career - its not his fault they haven't given him any run support.

Official lounge sponsor of new Busch Stadium!

Comment

This is gonna be a close vote, Carp is gonna end up with the most wins on a team that might end up with the most wins in the NL.
        But Earned Runs Allowed is a HUGE number to try to over come.
        There are lost of pretty stats people can throw out there, but ERA is what a pitcher does, the earned runs that he gives up, and The Rocket is having one of the greatest seasons ever.
        He is sitting at 1.38 right now, that is just wrong. In the ERA of the juiced ball, the juiced player, and maybe most of all the juiced park he plays in.
        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Brosnan2715@Aug 13 2005, 09:42 PM
          Roger Clemens leads in nearly every (if not all) major categories outside of Wins to Carpenter. Carpenter has definitely been the best pitcher since June, but this is a year long award. Where would the Astros be without Roger Clemens?
          However, if the Astros do not make the playoffs, that'll probably change.

It'll be Clemens...the national media can't stop jizzing all over themselves over "the 43 year old Clemens."

The Cardinals & Carpenter have been great for 2 years now, yet the media continue to treat other teams & players (Yanks, Sox, Clemens & the 'stros) like SWANK, PENTHOUSE & HUSTLER...while the Cardinals & Carpenter are treated like FIELD & STREAM, and NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC...good but not enough to get excited over.

Comment

If Clemens keeps his pace up for the next 6 weeks, I'd imagine he would end up with the best ERA+ ever and it won't even be close. If this happens, it would be outrageous to give the Cy Young to anyone else.

Comment

Carpenter has a sizable lead right now.

It's not even worth discussing until Clemens can pick up some wins.
              Official Lounge Sponsor of:
              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
              The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

It's definitely going to come down to their last couple of starts. One thing that stands out to me is that Carpenter has 4 shut outs and 6 complete games while Clemens has no shut outs and no complete games
                ricky, shutup and paint your god damn house.

Comment

If the voting was done today Clemens would run away with it...

Comment

Originally posted by 210@Aug 14 2005, 10:52 AM
                    If the voting was done today Clemens would run away with it...
                    (rightly or wrongly)
                    Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                    "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Originally posted by yankees suck!@Aug 14 2005, 10:49 AM
                      It's definitely going to come down to their last couple of starts. One thing that stands out to me is that Carpenter has 4 shut outs and 6 complete games while Clemens has no shut outs and no complete games
                      I am looking at The Rockets game by game stats.

He actually has gone out and pitched 9 times where he gave up NO runs, 10 times he gave up NO earned runs
                      June 17th he won at KC 7-0
                      The other games the team didn't score for him to win or the pen lost the games.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/players/play...elogs/2005/7520
                      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees suck!@Aug 14 2005, 10:49 AM
                        And also that Carp has won 6 more games
                        ricky, shutup and paint your god damn house.

Comment

Head-to-head... oh snap
                          Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                          "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks+Aug 14 2005, 10:56 AM-->
                            QUOTE(madyaks @ Aug 14 2005, 10:56 AM)

Originally posted by yankees suck!+Aug 14 2005, 10:59 AM-->
                            QUOTE(yankees suck! @ Aug 14 2005, 10:59 AM)
                            Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2005, 10:56 AM
                          Working...
                          X