Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four major Oil Companies

Not bad, not bad at all I must say.

On top of that, George Bush has just signed into law an "Energy Bill," that reduces tax rates to these four major oil companies that are already profiting from our hardship.

However, there is one catch.

As all of you know, I was a strong supporter of Bush. However, not anymore. i don't see how any rational thinking person can stick up for a guy whose only concern are his buddies in big oil.

In 2008, it has been said that Hillary Clinton and Dick Cheney will run for the office of the presidency.

I never thought that I would ever say this - ever.

But, no way in hell does Dick Cheney get my vote.

Hillary, if you are running, you already have my vote.

A pissed off Republican,

Scott Stevens
    Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Originally posted by ScottStevens@Aug 13 2005, 12:20 PM
    Not bad, not bad at all I must say.

On top of that, George Bush has just signed into law an "Energy Bill," that reduces tax rates to these four major oil companies that are already profiting from our hardship.

However, there is one catch.

As all of you know, I was a strong supporter of Bush. However, not anymore. i don't see how any rational thinking person can stick up for a guy whose only concern are his buddies in big oil.

In 2008, it has been said that Hillary Clinton and Dick Cheney will run for the office of the presidency.

I never thought that I would ever say this - ever.

But, no way in hell does Dick Cheney get my vote.

Hillary, if you are running, you already have my vote.

A pissed off Republican,

Scott Stevens
    If it's Cheney vs Clinton, I think I'll abstain from voting for the first time in my voting life, and I voted for Bill in my first eligible election.

I just don't think we're ready for a female Pres. However, I'll say this...Hillary wins in a landslide if she talks of lowering gas prices, and building MORE refineries.

Comment

Did this bill really lower the tax rate for the oil companies?

If true, unfucking believable, they are making money hand over fucking fist, we are deeper in debt than ever, and they get a tax break?

FUCK
      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Aug 13 2005, 01:19 PM
        Did this bill really lower the tax rate for the oil companies?

If true, unfucking believable, they are making money hand over fucking fist, we are deeper in debt than ever, and they get a tax break?

FUCK

Yes, and I thought the same thing.

Those motherfuckers can kiss my ass.

Metrolink for me.

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels+Aug 13 2005, 01:08 PM-->
          QUOTE(Jack Daniels @ Aug 13 2005, 01:08 PM)

Originally posted by ScottStevens+Aug 13 2005, 01:39 PM-->
          QUOTE(ScottStevens @ Aug 13 2005, 01:39 PM)

Scott,

Why do you think those refineries haven't been built?
          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by BurnKU+Aug 13 2005, 01:50 PM-->
            QUOTE(BurnKU @ Aug 13 2005, 01:50 PM)
            Originally posted by [email protected] 13 2005, 01:39 PM

Originally posted by Damtoft@Aug 13 2005, 01:58 PM
            Scott,

EPA
            NIMBY
            $$
            Historical low oil prices
            Why build when current ones weren't running at full capacity?
            Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Burn,

You win the prize.

And, is the EPA likely to become more or less friendly to energy production in a Hitlary Administration?
              And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Aug 13 2005, 02:03 PM
                Burn,

You win the prize.

And, is the EPA likely to become more or less friendly to energy production in a Hitlary Administration?
                It doesn't really matter. The increased supply wouldn't even happen until she was out of office, assuming she was there for 8 years.
                Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Originally posted by ScottStevens+Aug 13 2005, 02:00 PM-->
                  QUOTE(ScottStevens @ Aug 13 2005, 02:00 PM)
                  Originally posted by [email protected] 13 2005, 01:50 PM

Can't wait till the economy takes a huge NOSEDIVE when people decide to stop buying gas, but so far, everybody seems to want to bend over and take it.

As Bob Knight once said, "If rape is inevitable, you might as well lie back and enjoy it."

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Aug 13 2005, 01:58 PM
                    Scott,

Hey John,

The EPA.

However, Congress is controlled by Republicans, what kind of effort have we seen to build new refineries?

If a Republican controlled Congress and a Bush (a Republican) isn't going to get tough with the EPA, I assume that new refineries aren't going to be built. I also assume that we need a congress and president who will get tough with big oil companies so they don't make an outrageous 97 billion dollar profit (at our expense) in less than three years.

My opinion and I can assure you that Cheney will not be tough on big oil.

It's been a while since we have had a beer, let me know when you are ready.

-

Comment

Originally posted by BurnKU+Aug 13 2005, 02:10 PM-->
                      QUOTE(BurnKU @ Aug 13 2005, 02:10 PM)
                      Originally posted by [email protected] 13 2005, 02:00 PM
                      Originally posted by [email protected] 13 2005, 01:50 PM
                    Working...
                    X