DAVID CROSBY & GRAHAM NASH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAVID CROSBY & GRAHAM NASH

Were just on MSNBC, talking about the war, anti war music, the American people not being allowed to see the bodies coming home.

It was great.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Those guys certainly produced some of the best protest music ever.

Listen to "Long Time Gone" and tell me its not relevant today.
    LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

Originally posted by DC Santana@Aug 13 2005, 07:10 AM
      Those guys certainly produced some of the best protest music ever.

Listen to "Long Time Gone" and tell me its not relevant today.

That song at the opening of "Woodstock" sets the tone for the whole movie.
      I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Obviously, both are traitors that hate America and the troops.

Mr. G

Comment

i remember the Tonight show after 9/11. They were on with McCain. It was interesting seeing people who protested the war with someone who was a prisoner of war. They said they did some dumb things trying to bring the troops home. he said he understood and liked them very much. interesting show

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

If it weren't for people like them, and those that protested that war McCain might not have ever gotten home.

Comment

I loves me some Crosby, Stills & Nash.

Comment

I've always loved CSN...and even some Y on occassion. In my younger, FM DJ days, I played a lot of them. I was raised on that kind of music, so when I was spinning discs for AFRTS when I was 19, there were a lot of people who thought I was much older because of my love and knowledge of the music of the 60s and 70s. As far as the protests then and now, I've always believed protests of the Vietnam era accomplished a lot. I may not agree with them now, but I still agree with the current era of protesters such as John Mellencamp and Springsteen. They tend to be intelligent about it without resorting to simple name-calling. I may run towards the conservative side, but I'm objective enough to recognize we need liberals to balance things out. Unfortunately, we seem to live in an age of extremism where there is no middle ground...

Great topic...In fact, I'm going to hit me some "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" right now on my iTunes...
                The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Aug 13 2005, 09:59 AM
                  If it weren't for people like them, and those that protested that war McCain might not have ever gotten home.
                  very much what he said that night

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05@Aug 13 2005, 02:28 PM
                    I've always loved CSN...and even some Y on occassion. In my younger, FM DJ days, I played a lot of them. I was raised on that kind of music, so when I was spinning discs for AFRTS when I was 19, there were a lot of people who thought I was much older because of my love and knowledge of the music of the 60s and 70s. As far as the protests then and now, I've always believed protests of the Vietnam era accomplished a lot. I may not agree with them now, but I still agree with the current era of protesters such as John Mellencamp and Springsteen. They tend to be intelligent about it without resorting to simple name-calling. I may run towards the conservative side, but I'm objective enough to recognize we need liberals to balance things out. Unfortunately, we seem to live in an age of extremism where there is no middle ground...

Great topic...In fact, I'm going to hit me some "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" right now on my iTunes...
                    "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes"

I THINK thats my fav from them, but thats a tough call.

Comment

WOW CROSBY AND NASH ON THE SAME SHOW.

WOW
                      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks+Aug 13 2005, 02:49 PM-->
                        QUOTE(madyaks @ Aug 13 2005, 02:49 PM)

Originally posted by davhaf@Aug 14 2005, 09:17 AM
                        I have quite a few favs from them, but my fav fav is "Southern Cross".
                        ++

Comment

Working...
                        X