The first 2 games of the Cards - Cubs series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first 2 games of the Cards - Cubs series

Are any of you wondering what some of the Cub fans are thinking about the past 2 games?

Being a lifer Cub fan, here is my take:

WHOOOPTY-freakin'-CRAP!!!

There was NO joy or "take that" attitude while watching and listening to the past 2 games. It simply doesn't matter a bit. If the Cubs sweep, they'll be 15 games back and 2 games under .500 and the Cardinals will still be about 10 games in front of the Astros.

I was in my dad's office yesterday when Lee hit his first HR. There was no whooping or hollering. I just walked back across the hall and listened to the rest of the game on the radio.

Don't get me wrong, I love it when the Cubs beat the Cardinals but there is simply no pleasure in these wins for me.

If they were just 10 games out, maybe it would be a bit different but coming off an 8 game slide coupled with the red-hot Astros beating everyone totally killed the mood of what could have been a really fun series.

another cub fans perspective:

the cubs are a better team than they have been acting like lately.
    the cardinals when injured like this are not as good as they have been doing lately.

both were bound to go opposite ways at some point.

and no, even with a sweep, i don't expect they can come back.
    FML

Comment

This weekend is like the world series to the Cubs. I had major doubtage going in.
      Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

I am a little surprised that the Cubs have been able to strike late in both games - that shouldn't happen with our bullpen.

Damon I agree - true Cubs should take this for what its worth - a trip to frustration ville - Why can't they bring that game to other teams.
        Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
        God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Damon@Aug 12 2005, 10:54 PM
          Are any of you wondering what some of the Cub fans are thinking about the past 2 games?
          Nope.
          RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
          You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by bombay@Aug 12 2005, 10:30 PM
            This weekend is like the world series to the Cubs. I had major doubtage going in.

Can't be. The Cardinals would've had to have gotten swept for Cubs fans to feel like it was the series, Since the last 2 TLR WS teams lost 0-4.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon@Aug 12 2005, 10:54 PM

What is it like to win two of three and still be eighteen games out of first?
              Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Whats the Cubs fans perspective after gettin beat in game 3 of a 4 game series?

The answer is no one here really gives a fuck so go post on NSBB.com.. and eat a fat dick.
                You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

Working...
                X